Chapter 4

Carl P.O.V
"Enid... I think.. I think," I start laughing my butt off, unable to continue my sentence. Her cheeks are red as a tomato. "Y-you should've apologized to that poor teacher."

She slaps my shoulder. "I don't even know why I told you that story. She was the one who made me eat the fucking asparagus in the first place. So it's her fault it came back up. All over her."

I finally calm down enough to look at Judith who I had sitting on the ground playing with some cups. But she isn't there. "Where's Judith?" I scream.

Enid swears, standing up from the couch and running in the direction of the front door and the stairs. I run in the other direction towards the kitchen.

I'm relieved when I find her sitting on the kitchen floor, completely unaware of our worry. "I found her!"
I yell to Enid, who runs back into the room.

As you can tell, Judith has learnt to crawl. Which is a nightmare. I'm just thankful we are no longer out there, where walkers could easily just snatch her up. Then I realize what she was doing in here. She was digging under the kitchen sink, which has all sorts of clean supplies and things that babies are definitely not supposed to touch.

    "I should get some rope. To tie that cupboard up," I say worriedly, picking up the unsuspecting baby off the ground.

    "I'll go look for some, okay?" Enid obviously sees the worried look on my face and rests her hand on my shoulder, the familiar tingles being sent down my spine.

     I nod, holding Judith close to me. Enid runs out of the room, and I faintly hear footsteps around the house.

     Closing the cupboard, I head toward the living room again. I set Judith down on the floor with the cups, before sitting down on the floor with her so we don't have another incident. "Hey, I found some."

     I face Enid, who walks over to me with some rope in her hand that I used to keep in my backpack just in case. She goes to the kitchen, where I'm guessing she tied up the cupboard, and hopefully any other dangerous one.

     When she comes back into the room, she plops down in the couch above my head. I'm confused when she takes off my hat, but as soon as she buries her hands in my long brown hair I sigh with contentment. It feels really good, and it reminds me of my own mother.

    "I just... I realized how easy it is to loose her. And I can't loose her. She can't loose me. I'm the only one she knows. She's the only family member I have," I keep my eyes focused on Judith, inhaling shakily. I don't know what's happening, I'm supposed to be strong.

    "Carl. You survived how long out there, I'm pretty sure you'll survive in a community full of food, houses, friendly people, and that has sturdy walls surrounding it. And you might not be the only family member out there to Judith. You seen what happened to Beth. She's here now," she whispers, and she makes good points. I'm scared of how she can always calm me down, though she's only known me for a month.

     I'm silent for awhile, stopping Judith when she try's to crawl away. I know I should probably let her because she had to learn how to do things normally but it won't be happening until I block off anything that can hurt her.

     My plans of baby proofing the whole house are cut of by the doorbell ringing loudly. Enid stands up. "I'll get that."

•••
                          Enid P.O.V
    "Enid? What are you doing here?" Ron looks at me, confusion on his face as to why I'm standing in Carl's doorway.

     I roll my eyes. None of his business. "Just hanging out. What are you doing here?"

     "Well I was just gonna see if Carl wanted to go play some video games because I can't track down Mikey," he explains, looking behind me as if Carl is just magically gonna appear in front of him.

    "Come in," I close the door behind him, leading him to the living room where Carl is still playing with Judith.

     Ron repeats what he said to me but to Carl this time, and Carl looks like he's contemplating it but he looks down at Judith unsure. I immediately know he's now weary about leaving Judith with someone else now that she's crawling.

    "Carl," he looks up at me. "You go. I'll watch her."

     He looks up at me with confusion clouding his vision. "Are you sure?"

    "Of course Carl. Go do something like a normal teen," he picks up Judith because she's starting to get fussy. I'm surprised when I immediately know she's hungry. I spend so much time here I know everything about her, including her feeding times.

     Ron starts walking towards we door as Carl hands the adorable baby to me. He then pulls me into a hug, squishing poor baby Judith in between us. "Thank you," he breaths into my ear, placing a gentle kiss on my cheek before following Ron out the door.

     I try and ignore the way my cheek seems to burn from the place his lips were.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••Boring chapter, I know. I just can't think of things that happen without Rick and everyone else. I decide that I'm gonna give a character a theme song each chapter because why not? I have to start with Rick so here is his song Animal I Have Become, Three Days Grace