"Mead Hall incident?" Astrid questioned as they discreetly made their way over to the alcove.

"Trust me. Everyone here will have a hangover tomorrow when Gobber is done with them and they won't remember a thing."

"Ladies and gentlefolk!!" Gobber shouted cheerfully through the hall, catching the attention of everybody, as he had grabbed a Oud, a short neck pear shaped stringed instrument, and began strumming.

Hiccup and Astrid had reached the alcove where they saw Valka leaning against the wall breathing heavily as Stoick help her hand trying to comfort her. Now they knew why Valka did not want to raise a panic. Red splotches covered her arms and neck.

"Let's get her to you chambers." Hiccup quietly said as he saw his father whirl around to gaze at them. Hiccup then turned to look at Astrid. "Is it-?"

Astrid shook her head negatively. "You lead them out Hiccup. I'll get Fishlegs. He has more medical knowledge than me."

Hiccup nodded and opened the doors to the garden. Stoick picked his wife up gently and carried her out. The three walked in silence as Hiccup guided the way to the chambers.

"Hiccup......" Stoick eventually spoke up when they were further away from the ball room. "Why are you so readily helping us? I thought you hated us."

Hiccup let out a breath before he said. "I don't hate you. I hate how you treated me, but I don't hate you."

The silence between them became awkward and Stoick decided he might as well try to break the ice.

"So......... you and the Queen huh?" Stoick asked hesitantly as they rounded another torch lit corner. Stoick noted that Valka fell asleep in his arms and shifted her slightly so that she would be more comfortable.

"Yes and I couldn't be happier." Hiccup mentioned.

"Congratulations lad." Stoick said sincerely which caused Hiccup to look at him with wide eyes. "I know we haven't been good parents to ya, but I am happy that ya found a good woman who keeps ya on your toes."

"T..Thank you." Hiccup said, not having expected that.

They still had a short way to walk and Stoick finally asked. "What did you ask Gobber to do for a distraction?"

"I just asked him to top the Mead Hall incident." Hiccup stated as he held open the wooden door to the room.

"Are ya crazy lad!!" Stoick sputtered as he laid Valka on the bed. "Those nobles are lightweights!"

Hiccup looked sadly at his mother as he now noticed how truly sick she looked.

"She's a good actor." Stoick said as he took a seat. "She always acts so strong even if she's sick."

There was a knock on the door and Hiccup went to open it. On the other side stood Astrid and Fishlegs.

"Hiccup, half the nobles are already drunk." Astrid stated as she and Fishlegs entered the chambers.

'Gobber works quick.' Hiccup thought as he too took a seat.

"This isn't the red plague, so we can at least rule that out." Astrid said with certainty.

"How would you know that it wasn't the plague?" Stoick now asked.

"The plague is magical. Anyone infected would not have been able to enter this realm. The shield would have repelled them." Astrid explained.

"This could be another illness that mimics it." Fishlegs stated as he proceeded to look Valka over. "I have never seen anything like this though."

"Neither had the other clerics we asked. They tried all kinds of cure spells but none worked." Stoick mentioned. "Valka has been sick for a while now. I thought she got better on the journey at sea but then this happened. I thought it might have just been the flu as I had gotten some of those symptoms as well."

"She got better at sea?" Hiccup questioned. "And it also affected you?"

"Aye, she had more strength and was more active than I had seen her in a while."

"Hiccup what are you thinking?" Astrid asked as she lay a hand on his shoulder.

"It is just weird. She's sick on Berk, but when traveling over sea she's getting better, and while here back on land she's sick again, and the clerics can't identify the illness." Hiccup pondered. "It's almost as if it is deliberate."

"What do ya mean?!" Stoick asked as he looked at Valka in worry.

"Fishlegs would cure spells help against poisons?" Hiccup asked as if he did not want to think of the possibility.

"P...Poisons?" Fishlegs said looking shocked. "No, you would need a purging spell and only if you knew what poisons were used."

"H..H...Hiccup, you aren't suggesting that someone poisoned Valka?!" Stoick cried out in denial as he took notice of Hiccup's serious face.

"You said that you had some of the same symptoms." Hiccup stated evenly. "I'm theorizing that someone poisoned the both of you."