[10]

one year later; senior year

yeri stared out the window, watching the passing scenery. she looked back over at the boy next to her, who was driving. even from the side he was extremely handsome. she noticed his clenched jaw and his furrowed eyebrows. reaching over, she took his hand in hers. he seemed startled at glanced at her for a moment.

"it's going to alright."

he looked down before darting his eyes back up to the road. he seemed a little less tense than he was. she sighed, grasping his hand just a bit tighter as she looked back out the window.

it was a while before they finally pulled in the parking lot of the desired destination. they both exited the vehicle. yeri opened the back door to retrieve the flowers they had purchased just before they drove here.

she walked over to jungkook's side and together they entered the beautiful gates of the cemetery. it was a short walk as they looked around for a specific grave. they approached it together and yeri placed down the flowers she held in her hands.

she stepped back as jungkook stepped forward and crouched down before the grave.

"it's been a while, jieun-ah."

_

"you alright, jeon?" she asked once they got back to the car.

"it's been a year and i still can't believe she's gone." he replies, bitterness evident in his tone.

"hey, it's alright. she was someone who was extremely important and close to you. it's gonna take a while for you to get over it."

"i'm sorry."

she frowned. "for what?"

"for always having to deal with me. i've been extremely moody this past year, yet you still stayed by my side."

"i'm not going to leave you when you're vulnerable. you're going through a hard time and it would've been wrong for me to just leave."

"thank you."

she just smiled and took his hand. "of course."

he started up the car and they soon left the parking lot of the cemetery. they stayed silent as the loud rumble of the car filled up the empty silence. but their hands still stayed tightly conjoined together. jungkook glanced over at yeri.

she was absolutely beautiful. inside and out. if he called her late at night, she would stay up and listen to him. if he was crying, she would wipe away his tears. if he pushed her away, she would still stay. even when they came to visit jieun, she would just smile and comfort him as they talked to her. she was probably one of the most caring people she's ever met, along with jieun. she had made him love again.

he knew he loved her, but he didn't know what to do about it. he wasn't even sure if she still liked him. it had been a year since she revealed her feelings, they could've changed. he wasn't sure. but the worst thing that could've happened was she rejected him, right?

"yeri."

"hm?" she turned away from the window and looked over at him.

he looked down wheel before looking over at her.

"there's something that i want you to know."