[7]

"you may visit her now."

jungkook nodded at the nurse, shuffling the bouquet of roses in his hands as he stood up from the waiting room chair and entered the hospital room. he gently set the roses on the bedside table and look up the girl resting on the bed.

she looked so peaceful, so gracious. he reached out and gently took her hand in his and held it in his hands, grazing over her hand lightly with his thumb.

"i miss you, jieun ah." he sighed, feeling the tears rise in his throat.

"i'm sorry haven't visited for a while. my mind was preoccupied." he said, thinking back to yeri.

"but i'm here now. i'm here for you. i won't ever leave you. even if you do....i'll still be loyal to you." he said.

he sighed. he doubted she could hear him. he moved her bangs out of the way and kissed her lightly on the forehead.

"i love you."

he gently set down her hand and sat in the chair next to her bed. he sighed as he thought back to yeri's words from the day before. he felt bad that he had just left her there, not even acknowledging what she had said. he knew of his feelings that slowly grew as she flashed him her smiles everyday. but he would never act on it. that was wrong. his girlfriend was still technically alive. if he had done anything romantic with yeri, it was basically cheating.

he couldn't do that to his jieun.

_

yeri held the phone up to her ear.

"the number you have called is not available at this time. please leave a message aft-"

yeri groaned. "it's no use. he won't pick up."

"he just needs time, yerim. come on, let's go for ice cream." joy said, trying to cheer her up.

"nah, i'm fine. go without me."

"by myself?" joy pouts.

"go call up jin or someone."

joy flushes red. "yah, we're just friends."

"isn't that was seulgi unnie says about jimin oppa?"

"ok, fine. i'll go find someone else to eat ice cream with." joy huffs, leaving yeri stray in the park.

"she'll come back." she mumbled to herself.

she leaned back in the park bench, gazing up at the sky. the clouds were little wisps in the sky, showing the clear blue background behind it. she sat about and gazed around the park.

there was an old couple seated on the grass, enjoying a nice picnic. they were adorable. she had a soft spot for the elderly.

on the other side, there was a family. the parents watched as the two children fought over the toys, chuckling a bit before coming in to solve the problem.

her eyes fixated to another couple, but they were rather young. they had just bought some ice cream from a small vendor and were laughing as they ate together. she envied them. she sighed, wondering where joy had run off to. she decided to go look for her when her phone began to ring.

jeon jungkook is calling...
accept               decline

she stared at her phone amazed. he was calling her? her hands fumbled around as they hit the answer button. she shakily held the phone up to her ear.

"yeri?" the voice on the other line had grasped.

"jungkook." her small voice had piped out.

"i'm, uh, sorry."

"for what?" she questioned. she didn't think he had anything to be sorry for.

"you know...ignoring your calls."

"oh, it's fine. i'm sure you were busy."

"yeah..."

"is that why you called?"

"no, not particularly."

"then why did you call?"

"i don't really know. i guess i just kind of missed you?"

she unconsciously smiled at his statement.

"oh, really?"

"yeah. i'm a douche for just leaving you in the middle of your confession and then ignoring you until now."

"hey, it's no problem. i get it. i kinda did just bring it up out of no where. you didn't know how to react."

"heh, yeah, i guess. well, anyways, i want to make it up to you."

"really?"

"yes. turn around."

yeri furrowed her eyebrows at his words. she turned around in her seat to see jungkook in the distance, holding his phone in one hand and holding two ice cream cones in the other.

"want some ice cream?"

_

sorry for the dry updates fam. i guess i just kind of forgot to write? well, anyways i'm back and i hope you enjoyed this chapter and this cute little jungri moment at the end here. don't forget to vote and comment!💞

-abbie💕