Chapter 5 : Let my heart heal

Grace's POV

Ever since my ex-boyfriend leaved me alone, I never talked to any boy in my life. He has passed away 5 years ago because of heart cancer. He was the best boyfriend I've ever had.

 No one could ever replace him. He was very gentle and kind. The way he treated me like a queen in his life making me even sad every time I remember of him.

 "I missed you,Dave" I whispered to myself, hugging my diary tightly. I wiped the tears that falling down my cheeks.

 Suddenly , I heard someone knocking the door and I quickly wiped my tears and folded in my blanket. "Can I come in Grace?" She asked me. "What do you want?" I shouted in my room. "I wanna talk to you." She replied me and pushed the door open. "Where are you?" She asked me, looking around the room.

 "Gotcha!" She pulled the blanket on me saying " are we playing hide and seek?" Asking me and laugh a little. "No Riley.. What do you want?"I asked her a little bit serious. "Can I go out with Josh?" She directly asked me. "Wwwhat?" I replied. " please?? Only for once. I beg ya Grace. I'm big enough to take care of myself." She smiled and waiting for my answer. "No." I said.

 "But ... " , "you heard me." I said,walking out my room. She followed me from behind. "Grace, you know who Josh is. He's our friend." She begging me. "Excuse me? What did you say? Our?" I said continue " I don't have a guy friends." I mentioned. "Grace, you should try to forget the past." She commented on my statement.

 "No way. Dave is my future and no one could ever replace him.", I said walking to the kitchen. "Stop it Grace !" She said, pulling my hand. "Stop what?" I said, letting my hand go.

"Stop pretending that you're happy with your imaginary Dave. You're saying the same thing 5 years ago and I'm trying to make you back in reality that Dave is no longer in this world. You should try to move on. Past is past. I know I couldn't change your mind but at least I'm giving you advise. Don't act like this. Try to socialize with people around you. You're getting older,Grace. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm going out with Josh!" Letting my hand go, she ran upstairs with tears.

 She get dressed and called Josh to come and fetch her.

1 hour later , Josh arrieved and they went out together, leaving me alone in the house.

I realize that Riley's words were true at all. I should try to move on. But is there someone that could understand my condition?

I bet no...

It's the first time Riley was really mad at me. I know it's my fault for being to bossy to her. But I'm her sister and I know what's the best for her.

I'm not being dramaticall queen but 5 years relationship is hard to forget in a second.

How can I forget the best memories we had just like that? Brainwashing isn't my style. I'd like to keep in my mind.

Let it disappeared itself when I found the new one.