v ▷ the planning.

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes at him.

"You know, it's kind of growing on me," I reply.

The entire bar goes dead silent — the drunken singing men, the music, the overall commotion, everything. Bucky and I both turn to see why, and the worst thoughts pop into my mind. Schmidt? Nazi? Someone, anyone bad? It turns out to be the complete and utter opposite. My eyes completely blur out the entire bar and Peggy by her side, and I just gawk at Gen.

Gen's brunette hair isn't in its usual all around poof of curliness. Each and every chunk is perfectly curled and bobs just above her shoulders. A red dress that has part of the chest area cut out gorgeously hugs her beautiful figure. A matching pair of red heels click under her feet as she strides gracefully towards the back where Bucky and I are, her red lips curled into a smile as her green eyes survey the bar.

I have to quickly turn away to avoid being even more of a blushing mess, which completely fails. Bucky immediately notices, playfully punching my shoulder.

"Cap's got a crush," he teases.

I stomp on his foot underneath the table to shut him up as the ladies approach. We both stand politely, both of our eyes scanning the women up and down. Mine remain on Gen, not looking away for even a second.

"Captain," she and Peggy say in unison.

"Doctor," I greet. After a moment of just gazing at each other, I realize my rudeness. "Agent Carter," I add, giving her a curt nod.

"Ma'am," Bucky nods to Peggy. "Doctor."

"Howard has some equipment for you to try," Peggy informs me quickly. "Tomorrow morning?"

"Sounds good," I mumble, trying to keep my eyes on the floor. Instead, they end up finding Gen's shoes, then travel up her legs, her waist, and eventually back to her piercing green orbs. I feel Bucky grinning at me, and Peggy seems to notice the blush crawling across Gen's cheeks.

"I see that those members of Captain America's cheer team are clearly prepping for the big game," Gen smiles.

"You don't like music?" I ask her out of the blue. I can barely control my words anymore, and they just start flowing out without my permission.

"I do, actually," she replies, raising an eyebrow at my randomness. "And after someone's little begging ritual" — she eyes Peggy — "I might even go dancing when this is all over."

"What are you waiting for?" Bucky asks her.

Peggy starts smiling proudly at Gen, who is adorning one of the usual smirks.

"The right partner," Gen states.

Peggy contains her excitement. "0800, Captain," she reminds me.

"Yes, ma'am," I smile as she drags Gen away. "I'll be there."

I quickly make eye contact with Gen before they exit. She points to Peggy and mouths, Her doing. I laugh, shaking my head.

"I'm invisible," Bucky trembles. "I-I'm turning into you. This is a horrible dream."

"Don't take it so hard," I smile, patting his shoulder. "There's always Peggy."