0 ▷ prologue.

P R O L O G U E

00. | prologue.
the course of time.

TIME WAS thought to be something that could never be changed. Time was something that remained steady, and you could only have your given and limited amount. You were forced to make due with whatever you had left, but even the wisest and most gifted of people could not measure how many years one had left to the exact point of their end. That end is known as death.

Death was thought to be something that marked the end of that time you had, the end of the line. Many people were known for dodging that line on multiple occasions, but you can never eternally retreat from that whizzing bullet aimed right at your chest, where that thing called a heart is pumping life into you.

Peculiar it was to think that even with the steady beat of your heart slowing to the point of seizing movement all together that you could still live after that. Science, people would say, is the only explanation for this phenomenon. However, the "science" behind resurrection after being dead for seven decades is just nonexistent. Hell, the idea of coming back from something like death is just unreasonable.

But it did happen.

Actually, many of these similar cases were found. Three famous ones, to be exact. The most well known one was the infamous World War II hero, Captain America. He, unlike the other two, was in ice for seventy long years. But like the two similar cases, everyone thought that he was dead. The two that are most definitely infamously known came back in between their seventy or so years a few times. No one except their captors knew, but citizens knew that these ghost-like criminals existed in their questionable world.

This is the story of three war heroes who beat that clock in their code. Whether or not they wanted it, Captain Steven Rogers, Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes, and Doctor Genevieve Edwards have lived the unimaginable.