"Alright," said Ava, "So the story isn't very complex. Viola, I'm sure you remember how mean Bertha and Morgana were to me last year?"

Viola nodded.

"Yes, well, I decided to get a bit of revenge done," explained Ava, "Not anything big. When Professor Lupin told us about the boggart, I thought that would be the perfect idea. It would just give them a little scare, and no one would need to know it was me."

Certain things were sliding into place in Viola's brain now. She suddenly remembered Ava saying, when Viola was plotting revenge on Ginny a while ago, "I suppose we all have to get revenge on someone at some point in our lives." Then back in their first D.A.D.A class about Boggarts, Ava had contributed to Viola's questions about them.

"'Vascara Telt was a little something I came up with later," said Ava, "I figured by leaving a note I could make sure they knew that they did something wrong," Ava frowned slightly, "To be honest I was certain someone would figure me out. There were several clues, some intentional and some unintentional."

"Like what?" asked Viola with a frown. She considered herself fairly adept at finding clues, and wanted to know what she had missed.

"Well," said Ava, "For one thing my boggart changed shapes." Ava smiled ruthfully. "I made the mistake of saying I'd been attacked by a boggart before I actually caught a boggart. So when we went against the boggart in D.A.D.A, my boggart was different then what I originally told you it was."

Viola stared at Ava in amazement. How had she failed to notice this? Ava's boggart had gone from You-Know-Who, to a tornado.

"The second clue," said Ava, "And this one was intentional, was that the name Vascara Telt anagrams into Ava Scarlett."

Viola's eyes widened. She wanted to slap her self. How had she been so oblivious.

"Whoa," said Hugo, his face lit. "That's brilliant!"

"Thank you," said Ava with a smile, then she sighed. "But things didn't go exactly as I planed. Although I didn't want anyone to know it was me, I didn't want anyone else being accused of what I did." Ava looked at Viola, and then to Ginny. "That was why I asked you two to come here tonight. I wanted to make sure you knew, Ginny, that Viola isn't the culprit. Although I don't blame you for thinking so, as it really could've been anyone. So there's no need for you two to be angry at each other anymore."

Out of the corner of her eye, Viola saw Ginny turn to look at her. Viola just stared straight ahead at Ava. Ginny might know Viola wasn't the culprit, but it didn't change the fact that she had suspected her.

"That was why I only called you two," said Ava, frowning at Hugo, "You were the only two people I wanted to know."

"So when you were all upset and crying about the boggart," said Hugo, not at all fazed by the fact that he was unwanted. "That wasn't real?"

Ava shook her head with a smile. "Nope."

Hugo's eyes widened. "Wow, impressive. How'd you learn to act so well?"

"I do theatre in my muggle town back home," said Ava, "Oh, Viola. I apologize for setting the boggart on you. I was trying to prevent anyone else from accusing you."

Viola shrugged.

"It's fine. I understand what you were doing."

"So, you three aren't mad at me?" said Ava, looking hopefully around at the group.

"No," said Viola, at the same time Hugo said, "Of course not!"

The two Slytherins and the Hufflepuff turned to look at Ginny who hadn't said a word. She was frowning slightly.

"Ginny?" said Hugo.

"I understand that Morgana and Bertha were mean to you," said Ginny, "But did they really deserve to have a boggart set on them?"

"Yes," said Viola immediately, "And you're one to talk! Didn't you hex Grady McLaggen a couple weeks ago just for talking to you?"

"He was being a prat," said Ginny, glaring at Viola, "And at least I confronted him to the face. I don't think it's right to go around attacking people from behind like that."

"No, you're right about that," said Ava, with a thoughtful look, "And I certainly won't be doing anything of the kind again."

Ginny's expression softened, and finally she smiled at Ava.

"Then I forgive you too."

Ava clapped her hands together.

"Good. Now that we've got all that cleared up, let's let this boggart free!"
Ava jumped to her feet. "Viola, would you like to do the honors?"

Viola stood also with the jar gripped in hand. She began to untwist it.

"Ready?" said Viola.

"Ready," said Ava.

Viola unscrewed the top of the jar. In a flash, the shapeshifter darted away into a trophy in the shape of a cup on one of the shelves.

"Good," said Ava, "Now we should probably all go to bed."

With that all four of the students set off to their according dormitories.