Viola folded her arms across her chest and glared at the girl angrily. "I did no such thing!"

"That's right," said Ava, coming to stand beside Viola, "Vascara Telt, or whatever her name is, is probably just waiting to attack Viola."

Morgana's jaw clenched angrily, then she leapt to her feet.

"Come along Bertha, I can't stand being in a room with the mudblood and the boggart-tamer a moment longer. Let's go."

Viola and Ava watched as the other two girls left the room.

"Well," said Viola dryly, turning to Ava. "That's one way to get rid of them."

"Oh, I'm so sorry they think it's you," said Ava, her blue eyes sad.

Viola smiled grimly. "It's alright. It's not like it's your fault."

Ava bit her lip and nodded.

"Besides," continued Viola, "I don't care what those two think! And honestly, it's rather nice, them assuming I'm in control of a boggart . . . it's a good way to scare them off."

Viola smiled broadly, but the smile Ava returned it with was half hearted.

🦇🦇🦇

"Look out, here come's a Slytherin," muttered a nearby Gryffindor student.

Ginny looked around. Sure enough their was a Slytherin student approaching the Gryffindor table. It was Bertha Bulstrode, looking uncomfortable and nervous.

"Ginny," said Bertha, "Could I talk to you for a moment?"

"Oh, so now you want to talk to me?" said Ginny coolly, remembering how Bertha had shunned her after Ginny tried being friendly.

"It-it's important," said Bertha. Her eyes flickered to, and away from the suspicious stares from the students surrounding Ginny.

"Don't go Ginny!" whispered Pamela.

Ginny considered the girl in front of her. Bertha had made it obvious she didn't want to talk to her, and has spurned Ginny's attempts at being friendly. Why shouldn't Ginny do the same?

Ginny sighed and swung her legs over the side of her bench. "Alright, what is it Bertha?"

Ginny got to her feet and followed Bertha out of earshot of the tables.

"There's been another boggart," said Bertha in a low voice.

"Another one?" said Ginny incredulously.

Bertha nodded. "It attacked Morgana."

"Does Morgana know you're telling me this?" asked Ginny, folding her arms across her chest. She knew perfectly well Morgana didn't like her.

Bertha looked to her large feet. "Er . . . no."

"Well, what does this have to do with he anyway?" Ginny asked.

Bertha was silent for a moment, then she blurted, "We think it was Viola."

"Alright . . . I still don't understand what this has to do with me . . .," said Ginny slowly.

"Could you ask her?" said Bertha.

"Ask her . . . what?" said Ginny.

"If it was her," said Bertha hopefully you.

"What's wrong with you?" Ginny asked.

"You're her friend! She'll listen to you-"

"No she won't," said Ginny shortly, remembering what had happened last time she tried to talk to Viola about the very same subject, "And we aren't really friends."

"Oh," said Bertha.

There was a moment of silence, then Ginny spoke again.

"So, I guess Morgana believes you about the boggart now, huh?"

"Well, yeah," said Bertha.

"Yet before she thought you were just being silly about a bad dream," said Ginny, "How come you're being so nice to her even now that she's being such a hypocrite?"

Bertha shrugged awkwardly, then looked back to her feet.

"Morgana's my best friend," the girl mumbled.

Ginny smiled rather grimly.

"Yeah. I know. But, of you ever want some company besides hers, I'm always willing to talk," Ginny patted Bertha on the shoulder then strode away.

"What was that about?" asked Colin excitedly, as Ginny sat back down at the table.

Ginny shook her head.

"Nothing really."

But nothing didn't sum it up at all. Ginny's mind was quietly whirring behind her many freckles.

The whole boggart ordeal was very dodgy.