The Search

Wayne Manor........................

"Has he always had these abilities?" Jason asked Alfred as they all sat down ready to hear the story.

"There's a lot about Master Bruce that no one but me and his parents know about. "He replied sighing as he looked at the photos.

"Here, put this on." He said handing the tape to them. They put it on and watched the screen.

"Alfie, my tummy hurts." Little Bruce whined as Alfred sighed and picked him up. "Let's see what the damage is.." He said as Bruce looked at the moon.

"When is mommy and daddy coming home?" He asked as Alfred sighed. "I'm afraid they're not coming back tonight, but since tomorrow is your birthday, they'll be here." He said as Bruce nodded.

"Promise?" He asked as Alfred chuckled. "Pinky promise." He responded hooking their pinkies together.

The next day followed and Bruce sat at the table with Alfred,who made his favorite breakfast. He ate and looked around for his parents and Alfred ruffled his hair.

"Don't worry, they must be stuck in traffic." He said and they waited.

That night..........

Bruce had fallen asleep with a messy face from all the crying. Alfred sighed as he picked him up and heard the door open. He looked up at his parents who were looking exhausted.

Thomas smiled softly and frowned seeing Bruce's face. "What happened?" He asked softly as Alfred sighed. "Today was his fifth birthday." He said as Thomas cursed and Martha took Bruce into her arms.

"I totally thought it was tomorrow..." She whispered as they both sighed. Bruce opened his red puffy eyes and stared at them.

"Hey buddy, we're sorry for missing your birthday... Me and your mother are taking off tomorrow to spend time with you okay?" Thomas smiled as Bruce's eyes lit up.

"Okay...goodnight..." He yawned falling back to sleep.

The next morning......

Bruce yawned and heard whispering coming from downstairs and made his way down. "We can't leave him Thomas, we promised him." Martha said harshly as Thomas sighed.

"I can't let this happen Martha, I have to go." He said and froze looking at Bruce who had his bear hugging him to his chest.

"But....you....p-promised..!" Bruce's said as tears began to fall. "Bruce please, I love you, but someone needs my help and I-"

"Fine then! No one wants you here! I hate you!" Bruce yelled as he froze the entire room and ran out. "Bruce! Please come back." Thomas said chasing after him as Bruce ran out the back door.

He climbed the tree freezing it as he sniffed and pulled off his gloves and stared at his hands.

"If you're gonna break a promise, then so will I!" He said throwing the gloves far away. He sat there staring at the sky unaware of what he was doing.

Thomas, Martha and Alfred gasped at the freezing forest and grass heading their way. "Master Bruce!" Alfred yelled as Bruce looked down and glared at his father.

"Go away!" He said as icicles appeared in front of them and Thomas pushed his wife back.

"Please listen to me Bruce." His father pleaded and Bruce ignored him. "Bruce, listen to mommy. I know you're upset, but you shouldn't break a promise just because your father did." Martha as Bruce looked at her.