CHAPTER EIGHT

We arrived at the arcade fifteen minutes later, parking in one of the bays right out front of the building.

We climbed out and walked inside the arcade and was greeted by ear bleeding music and blinding neon lights. If they didn't deafen or blind me I would have probably have liked them. Unfortunately I dislike them right about now.

I followed Dylan to the machine where it exchanged our notes of cash into tokens for the game machines.

"You want to race?" he asked, pointing towards the four machines in a row that looked like the inside of a car on the drivers side.

I nodded eagerly. "That's one of my favourite games, I'm really good at it."

He raised his eyebrows in a way that said 'really'. "Wait till you compete against me then," he said with a smug smile.

I grinned at him. "You're on."

We went over to the game and sat next to each other. We inserted two tokens and wait for the game to load.

We customised our cars and race track and then we both pressed the big green button 'Go!' to begin the race.

There was about three laps that we both have to complete in order to cross the finish line, and my race car had just gone over the line, going into it's second lap, whereas Dylan's race car was already ahead.

Eventually, though, I caught up to Dylan's race car and we were head to head, competing to see who could cross that finish line first.

He pressed on the blue boost button to get a few seconds of a turbo jet, which got him once again ahead of me. That was until I could see the finish line right in front and pressed down on my blue boost button, which, successfully shoot me over the finish line before Dylan.

I letted out an enthusiastic 'whoop' with a first pump into the air.

"Alright, alright," Dylan began, holding up his hands and shaking his head. "No need to brag."

I rolled my eyes at his sore losing and poked my tongue out of my mouth at him.

"What else do you want to do?" he asked with a sigh.

I shrugged. "Anything. What do you want to do?"

"Skee Ball?" he asked, pointing towards the row of Skee Ball machines over to the right of us.

I nodded in agreement even though I'm not that great at Skee Ball. I'm much better at the car racing games.

We walked over to the Skee Ball machines, stood behind our chosen one and inserted one token.

The nine Skee ball's rolled down the side in a line and we both picked one up. I watched as Dylan perfectly potted the Skee Ball in the hole that was labelled five hundred, instantly making Dylan let out a 'whoop' with a first punch to the air.

I chuckled. "You're very enthusiastic about Skee Ball."

He turned to look at me and raised an eyebrow. "Care to show me if you're any better?"

"Why not." I picked up one of the Skee ball's and closed one eye as is attempt to aim for the hole that was labelled one thousand. It was a long shot of getting it in, but if it impressed Dylan if it did go in, I may as well try.

I swung my right arm back and then forward, letting go half way. I watched as it speedily rolled until it hit the bump and then went flying straight into the hole labelled one thousand.

I gazed ahead of me in shock and amazement, and then when I realised what I just did I let out a squeal. "Ha-ha!" I also fisted pump the air, copying Dylan's previous actions.