CHAPTER FIVE

Another week past and thankfully I didn't have another run-in with Jessica or Dylan. I saw him sometimes looking at me in the hallways at school, sometimes he would look at me with hate and other times he would look at me like he wanted to say something but didn't know how to.

Today is a Saturday and I have another shift at the coffee shop. I'm not all that happy about that because I'm here all day, but at least I'm getting paid for it.

When it becomes one o'clock in the afternoon the lunch rush has vanished and its just Mrs Rodgers — an elderly woman that lives down the street from me — and I in the coffee shop.

I begin wiping a table clean when the bell above the front door jingles alerting me that somebody has just walked in.

I quickly finish wiping the table and turn around to greet the person. Who I see is the last person I wanted to see. Dylan Blakewell.

I groan quietly before I make my way over to the counter. "What can I get you?" I ask.

"Just a can of Coca-Cola, a slice of chocolate cake and five minutes to talk to you," he says.

I huff. "You can have the can of Coca Cola and the slice of cake but I will not speak to you. That will be £2.80 please." I say the last part as a diversion.

"Oh come on please," he says while handing over the money. "It's just five minutes."

I put the money into the cash register and proceed to grab him the can of Coca Cola and the slice of chocolate cake. "I'm working; I haven't got time for a chit chat."

He chuckles slightly as I place his drink and a plate with his cake on in front of him. "Chit chat? Is that what you're calling it?" he asks. "That's cute. Anyway, there's only one other person in this coffee shop besides you and I, you can spare five minutes for me can't you?"

I fold my arms across my chest. "Even if I could spare you five minutes why would I want to?"

"You're not still mad at me because of what I said to you last week are you?" I don't say anything, I instead choose to stay quiet because what he said was true but of course, I don't want him to know but I also don't like lying so either way, it's pretty much a lose-lose situation. Dylan however quickly catches on and he knows right away that I'm still upset, I mean how can he not? "I knew you were still mad at me!" he exclaims. "I said I was sorry can't you just forget what I said?"

I scoff and roll my eyes at him while I still keep my arms folded over my chest. "How can I forget what you said when you humiliated me. After what you and your airhead girlfriend did to me everyone now looks at. I constantly feel them staring at me everywhere I go and I hate it!" It's now my turn to exclaim, which I immediately regret because I see Mrs Rodgers in the corner looking at us. I decide to quieten my voice down. "I used to be invisible and I liked that, but ever since you came into my life I've been nothing but that." Managing to keep the tears at bay I utter the words get out Dylan before turning and walking away into the kitchen.

It's nice and quiet in the kitchen, it's the only place besides my house that I don't feel like everyone is staring or whispering stuff about me. The kitchen is a pretty closed off place. There is only a small square shaped window that allows food to be passed out, most of the time though it's closed off by some white wooden blinds — like it is right about now.

I sit on the floor in the kitchen calming myself down. I don't know what it is about Dylan but whenever I see him I get butterflies in my stomach. I can't help but get mad at him most of the time, though. It's always because of something he does in front of everyone to show that he isn't a nice person but a cold, heartless bad boy — also known as a d**k!