Chapter 30

Scorpius Malfoy

The rest of the summer holidays had flown by and I found myself back in my dormitory at Hogwarts for my final year. Mum had been progressing well and was fit enough so resume her daily chores around the house. However, despite being in St Mungos for a while, she hadn't lost her attitude to constantly tell us all what to do.

It was currently November and the air was beginning to get colder. Not much had been happening in the Wizarding World however the Aurors were still working tirelessly to try and find these Death Eaters. There wasn't such a high threat on the school anymore.

As for me and Rose, we were still broken up but we won't be for much longer. I had a plan to get her back soon.

As I made my way down to breakfast, I couldn't help but smile. This was noticed by Blake who took no time in teasing me about it.

"What you smirking at Malfoy." Blake laughed.

"Just everything."

"You're in such a good mood." Damien laughed.

"Well nothing disastrous has happened has it? That's got to be something." I shrugged.

"You've probably jinxed it now. But you're right. It's almost like the Wizarding world has calmed down." Jamie said.

As we sat down for breakfast, the family owl flew into the Great Hall and dropped the Daily Prophet. Others around me already had a copy and were staring at the headlines with a horrified expression. That couldn't be good.

MASSIVE EXPLOSION AT THE AUROR DEPARTMENT. MANY DEAD HUNDREDS INJURED.

"What the bloody hell has happened now?!" I cried.

"Look at the third paragraph!" Blake pointed.

I read the paragraph, not knowing what to think:

One person who is said to have suffered significant injuries is James Potter aged 19. Mr Potter was believed to have been near the source at the time it exploded. He has been taken to St Mungos where he is currently in a critical condition.

I immediately looked round at the Gryffindor Table where the Potters were comforting each other. They were lead out of the hall by their head of house, Professor Longbottom, everyone was whispering and watching them as they left.

"Why can't these Death Eaters just leave the Wizarding World alone?" Damien sighed.

"It must've been one of the ones that was still in hiding. The question is how did they sneak into the Ministry? Security is always tight." Blake said.

"Maybe they used Polyjuice Potion. That way they can get in without anyone noticing." I said.

"Scorpius look!" Jamie nudged me and I turned around. I saw Professor Longbottom whispering something to Rose and Hugo and they immediately looked upset and worried. They then hurried out of the Great Hall.

Everyone got told to head to lessons and everyone obeyed. We couldn't do anything at the moment. As I headed to Potions I collided with Rose in the hallway.

"Are you alright. I saw you looked upset in the Great Hall." I asked.

"No it's Mum. Straight after the attack at the Ministry, a Death Eater headed over to our house and attacked her. I don't know what's happened to her. I'm scared." Rose said tears swimming in her eyes. Her body was trembling.

"Oh god I'm so sorry. She'll be ok. From what I've heard she's strong." I replied. I wanted to hug her and hold her tight.