Chapter 13

Scorpius Malfoy

Dear Scorpius,

Glad to see you missing me!

Anyway wanna sneak out of the house? Meet you round the corner in 10 minutes.

Love your favourite ginger

xx

I laughed at Rose's letter. She was my favourite ginger. Should I sneak out the house? Or would that be dangerous.

10 minutes later and here I am stood in my coat ready to sneak out the house.

Wish me luck.

I quickly make a dash out the door and headed round the corner. I saw figure standing in the snow and I knew immediately who it was. I slid my arms around their waist.

"I can't believe we sneaked out of the house." I laughed.

"Oh well. We can tell everyone the truth later." Rose shrugged.

"Rose Weasley, you little devil!" I said.

"That's me." She smirked.

"What do you think is going to happen to.... well..... you know..... them three." I asked cautiously .

"I don't know. I hope they get sent to Azkaban for life and the key gets thrown away." Rose sighed.

"Dad heard from the Minister of Magic that there is going to be a trial for them three. I think you, Ella and Melissa might have to attend along with a few others for evidence." I said. Dad told me this information when he got back from work one day.

"I had a feeling about that. It'll be for the best." Rose said.

"Exactly." I replied, put my arm around her shoulders and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

After about 15 minutes, we decided to head home. It had stopped snowing but it was up to my ankles. I reached the front of my house. How on earth was I going to get back in without Mum and Dad finding out?!

I slowly but carefully opened the door and made a dash for my room. I quickly got changed out of my clothes and acted like nothing had happened and I had been in my room the whole time. I breathed out a sigh of relief thankful that I didn't get caught but my smile turned into a smirk.

Hopefully Roses' parents hadn't caught her out.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up in the middle of the night. I couldn't sleep. Every Christmas I struggled to get to sleep because I was too excited. I got up and read my alarm clock 1:30am. Great.

I then heard something tapping on my bedroom window. My bedroom was at the front of the house so someone must've climbed up to my bedroom window. I opened my curtains to find Damien and Blake  struggling to balance on a tree.

"What on earth are you two doing here?!" I asked.

"It's Jamie, something's happened to him." Damien said.

"What?"

"His house was broken into." Blake replied.

"What's going on?" Mum and Dad and my sister who was staying for Christmas was standing in the doorway of my bedroom.

"It's my best friend Jamie. Something's happened to him." I quickly explained.

"I think it's much worse than you think. He's nowhere to be found. Not even in St Mungos." Blake breathed out.

"What do we do?" I asked Dad.

"Get changed. We've got to go to the Ministry. I need to alert everyone else as well." Dad explained.

We all nodded. Luckily, Blake and Damien were already dressed so we just waited until we were all ready. We held on to one another and apparated to the Ministry. I hated appararting. Mum and Dad had done it with Adrianna and me since we were little. I was fairly used to it but I still hated it. 

We reached the office to find the Weasley and Potters with all their children stood outside.

"What's going on?" Harry Potter asked.

Blake explained everything and the adults moved to one side.

"So you have no idea where he is?" Rose asked.

"No." Damien replied.

"How did you find out he went missing?" Albus asked.

"His owl flew into my bedroom window during the night. There was no note attached so I went to investigate. When I got there, I found the front door kicked open and the whole house had been turned upside down." Blake explained.

"He must be terrified." Dominique sighed.

"He's tough. I'm sure he'll be found soon." I said.

I was unsure myself. Maybe this was revenge for cheating on Maisie? I didn't know. I knew Maisie wasn't someone who wanted revenge and it was highly unlikely that she went round there herself. She wouldn't order someone to hurt him because she wasn't like that.

For the next few hours the adults started putting the detail together. Everyone else sat and waited for the slightest bit of news. The adults started shaking their heads which meant that they were not any closer to finding Jamie.

"His parents weren't in the house either. Something must've happened to them." Blake said.

"Who would do such a thing?!" Lily exclaimed.

"Who do you think?!" Fred shrugged.

Them three. Plotting stuff even inside. How in the name of merlin did they do it?! These events didn't seem right to me.

For a further 3 hours, hopeful leads led the adults no where so we were all sent home. I couldn't get what was going on out of my head.

"Happy Christmas." I heard Adrianna mutter as she slumped into a chair.

"You've voiced my thoughts." I said.

"He'll be fine. You heard what Mr Potter said. If he hears anything, he'll immediately send an Patronus." Adrianna smiled at me.

"Something happened before the battle with Jamie." I said.

"What happened?"

"Jamie had recently cheated on Rose's best friend Maisie Greensdale. After that there was the battle and everything was alright up until his disappearance." I explained.

"Scorpius! Why didn't you say anything! That kind of  information is not to be kept secret!" Adrianna said.

"Because Maisie wouldn't hurt him Adrianna! She's not harmful in any way!" I shrugged.

"You're going to have to tell someone!" She said.

"Tell someone what?" Mum, Dad and Lucas, my brother in law walked in and sat down.

I glared at Adrianna who just shrugged.

"Ok fine. Before the battle at Hogwarts, Jamie had cheated on his girlfriend Maisie Greensdale. She didn't go out seeking revenge and after the Battle everything was alright up until now." I explained.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Lucas asked me.

"Because Maisie is not a violent person! She wouldn't hurt him." I said.

Dad immediately got up and apparated probably to the Ministry or the Potters house.

Mum scolded me for the rest of the day.  Something about how she brought me up better. I got hit round the head lightly when I muttered something under my breath. I wish I had just kept my mouth shut.

But I was worried about my best friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------