[Prologue] A guard and a maid

Just a quick heads up: When I write like this it means that the person is speaking in Japanese
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a long and tiring walk, but you eventually found it.

To your sadness, there was a huge door that was blocking your view from looking at the castle. You were deadly curious and a little unsure if you found the right place.

Then again, the two dragons engraved on the gate were a clear symbol of the Shimada clan.

The giant door was a little intimidating and you worried that maybe you should've thought this through.

Hence the reason you jumped a little when you heard a gruff voice call out to you.

"What is your business here, little girl?"

You didn't see anyone around as you looked for the source of the voice.

''Well?''

You jumped again, it definitely came from the gate in front of you.

''If you do not have any business here, I advice you to leave right now''

You flinched.

Yikes, that wasn't exactly the nicest tone.

It was the exact tone your father used when he caught you climbing out of your bed to sneak into the kitchen and sneak some cookies into your mouth.

''Um, I-'' You swallowed.

You took a deep breath, held your head up high and spoke in a more confident tone.

''I am (Y/n) (L/n),the only daughter of the (L/n) clan. I, um, seek the help of the Shimada clan''

''The (L/n) clan eh? Huh, I guess you're in then'' The voice spoke.

With a loud *CLINK*  the gates opened revealing the most beautiful garden you had ever seen.

Sure, at your home you had a pretty impressive garden as well, but this was different.

Everything looked so... perfect? precise? You didn't have the words for it. The colors of the flowers, trees, bushes all matched eachother perfectly! You could stare at the garden forever but two sturdy legs blocked your view.

When you looked up, you saw quite  a buff man towering over you with the most intimidating and judgemental look.

But when your innocent eyes made contact with his narrowed, judging ones, he seemed to soften his expression and stance a bit.

Not a lot, just a bit.

You noticed though.

You tried giving him a smile, to see if he could get himself to smile too.

...

You could see the corner of his mouth lift a little.

A little.

You were statisfied though.

You always enjoyed little 'games' like these. Observing. Adapting. Experimenting...

''OH MY GOODNESS! SUCH A CUTE GIRL!''

You snapped out of your thoughts by a high pitched voice.

You looked behind the guard to see a rather small and excited girl almost bouncing up and down in her place.

You looked at the woman studying her appearance.

She had round eyes that seemed to sparkle a little as she looked at you. Her lips were vormed into a goofy, dreamy smile and she was... blushing?

She looked pretty.

You gave her a smile too, to see how she'd react.

She seemed to squeal in delight and made her way to you with slightly opened arms.

Next thing you knew, you were trapped.

You didn't mind it though, she was warm and smelled nice too.

The guard was looking at you with the most irritated look you've ever seen.

Well, maybe not at you, but at the girl.

''Nami, for god's sake, please let go of our guest. Aren't you supposed to be on washing duty today?''

''Haha, no you goofer! That was my twin sister Yami!'' The girl looked at him amused as she started petting your head.

The guard grumbled something along the lines of: ''Right, twins'' and ''Why did they have to hire twins?''.

''If you like the damn girl so much, why don't you bring her to mister Shimada yourself?'' The guard grumbled, clearly having enough of her presence.

''Watch your language! There's a pure and innocent soul in our presence!'' The girl gasped and narrowed her eyes at the guard. ''And yes, I will bring her to mister Shimada, judging by how you'll corrupt her if she stays any longer near you!'' She scoffed, turned her head away from him and took your hand in hers with care.

''Come on cutie, let's get you to mister Shimada''

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slow and steady people, slow and steady. We're getting to the point where you'll meet young Genji and Hanzo for the first time! Yaaay! Next chapter should be up on Saturday 25/03 around 12 pm! :D