"Please? You don't know what you're missing out on," Lacey pleaded with me for the millionth time this day. We were on our way to the clearing, now called The Place. Lacey thought we should name it something and so we named it The Place.

        I looked over at her. She was pouting. If she kept that up, she would forever have a pout on her face. It would be cute, but after awhile I would get bored of it. Smiles looked better on her face, the twinkle in her eyes, the way she titled her head-I sighed. Shit. I put my eyes back on the road.

        "Alright. Fine. But it better be good." I couldn't say no to her anymore. "If it's not, you owe me." It was getting harder to say no to that angelic face.

        "It will. I promise and I know." She replaced my iPod with hers and the sounds of pop filled the interior of my car. Not bad. Usher's voice whispered at me. What? Just because I don't like his music doesn't mean I can't recognize his voice.

I can't win, I can't reign

I will never win this game

Without you, without you

 I am lost, I am vain

I will never be the same

Without you, without you

I won't run, I won't fly

I will never make it by

Without you, without you

I can't rest, I can't fight

All I need is you and I

Without you, without you

I made the turn off the road and parked the car. Oh boy.

I can't erase, so I'll take blame

But I can't accept that we're estranged

Without you, without you

I can't quit now, this can't be right

I can't take one more sleepless night

Without you, without you

I won't soar, I won't climb

If you're not here, I'm paralyzed

Without you, without you

I can't look, I'm so blind

I lost my heart, I lost my mind

Without you, without you

        Everything I felt when I went to bed at night was being sung. If I wasn't with Lace, I couldn't breathe, I couldn't function. I needed her sunshine to get me through the day. I needed to hear her voice when I woke up or she had to be the last person I talked to at night. Of course Usher was talking more about having lost someone already, but I felt like that and I had Lace here with me. What would happen to me if Lacey were gone from my life? I couldn't remember my life before she busted in. I think everything was in shades of gray and now I could see color. And it felt great.

        "Lie?" I blinked a few times. "I know I'm pretty, but I think a picture will last longer."

        "Sorry." I was fighting the urge to blush. I hadn't meant to stare so long, but thinking hard made me zone out for a long time.