When You Like Like Them

AN : Who else really wanted to know all the personalities' names?

Anxiety crosses his arms and slouched further into his chair.  On the screen Thomas could be seen rushing as he brushed his teeth, packed his laptop, and slipped on his shoes at the same time.  He had slept in and was now running late.  Thomas had another assignment due where he was paired up with a classmate of his.  They decided to meet up at the school library to work on the assignment.

Anxiety was busy muttering the ticking of a clock under his breath to keep Thomas on his toes. 

"Shut up, Anxiety!" Thomas yelled.

Anxiety rolled his eyes,"I'm not the one late am I?" He glances at the gold and crimson throne next to him and feels a blush rise to his cheeks.  He grabs the edges of his jacket and pulls it tighter against himself.  His palm rubs his bicep, remembering how it felt when Prince held him close.  How easy it was for Anxiety to calm down when Prince was holding him.

His face started to turn green and he held a palm to his mouth.

'Oh, great. Now I have a cliche 'gushie' feeling in the hole where my heart should be.'

Anxiety sighed and zoned back into his surroundings.  On screen Thomas was currently sprinting to the library doors.  Hair blowing out behind him, messenger bag bouncing off his hip. Others steered away from him or watched as he rushed by.

It's just people usually ignore Anxiety either out of respect or because they just don't want to deal with him. But with Prince he never feels ignored. He feels too noticed sometimes actually.

But it feels nice to know that Prince will think of him when no one else will.

Anxiety sighs and looks back at the screen to view Thomas sprinting through throngs of people in the hall. Eyes calculation the fastest path as dodges passer bys. Some eyes trail after him, wondering what's all the rush.

When Thomas finally gets to the library he's huffing and puffing. Feet barely holding him up as his gaze frantically searches for his classmate.

They sit at a table in the corner. When they spot Thomas they raise one hand in a wave to bring his attention to them.

Thomas rushes over, hand smoothing over his hair out of nerves.

"I am so sorry that I'm late, Avery." Thomas admits in an anxious rush, words tripping over his tongue.

"Oh, that's quite alright." Avery smiles and arranges their things on the table to make room for Thomas.

Avery is only a few inches taller than Thomas.  They have fair, light skin and dyed raven hair.  Their ears have a lobe piercing each and a helix piercing on their left ear.  With black spider bite rings on the right side of their lip, opposite of the single dimple they have in their left cheek. 

In class Thomas got to know Avery a little before hand and knows that they're  from london and is majoring in computer science  with a swimming scholarship.  They like the band the misfits, the show suits, and frozen yogurt.

Thomas unpacks his things and the pair get to work sharing ideas and typing out their work.

After a while Avery says,"I'm getting kinda thirsty.  I'm gonna go get a drink from the cafe do you want something?"

"Oh, yeah sure."  Thomas goes to take out his wallet.

Avery gives a charming smirk,"It's on me."

Inside Thomas' headspace the majority of personalities are squealing like fanboys in the lounge.  Anxiety rolls his eyes and plugs his ears.

"Did you know that hummingbirds have to slee-"