After a few minutes, we all file into the gym which is jam packed with everyone's family and friends. Luckily, Liam and I get to sit right next to each other.

I doze off until I see Vee taking the podium.

"Hi everyone," She smiles out at us, "I hope you all know by this point, but I'm Vanessa Hubert. I know I'm valedictorian and I'm supposed to give this huge motivational, life-altering speech, but like all of you, I don't know shit about life."

Everyone laughs while a few adults gasp.

"So, I'm just going to look back on some of our greatest memories. Freshmen year. We were all under 6 feet tall and had no idea what was in store for us. Remember when one class set off the fire alarm while burning Cheetos for an experiment? Gosh, we were idiots. Sophomore year. We were movin' up, but still pretty clueless. I remember the first day back and walking in and seeing that all the guys grew like 6 inches over the summer. That was a good day. On to junior year, finally upperclassmen. At this point, we thought we had it all figured out. For me, this year was pretty crazy. But that brought good things too, like one of my best friends, Liam, who moved here that year."

At this, Liam stood up and bowed, earning claps, hollers, and barks from Cam and Gray.

"This year was very stressful for all of us; ACTs, SATs, and looking at colleges. Then, senior year. The final stretch. I remember at the beginning of the year wishing it would go by fast. Now, I would do anything to start it all over. Remember the Homecoming game and how it poured all night? But we all still stood out there sopping wet, but blissfully happy. Remember our senior prank? I forgot to ask Principal Marx, how was cleaning up all that slime?"

He shook his head and laughed.

"And finally, remember this moment. Because this is the last time we will all be together. We've spent the last four years together. Some of us have been in school together since kindergarten. But after this, we'll only see each other in passing when we're all home for breaks."

I wipe a tear that fall down my face and lean my head on Liam's shoulder.

"So look around and take it all in. This is the last time, don't forget it."

I look around at all my peers with tears in my eyes and see I'm not the only one crying.

"Thank you for the last four years. They truly have been amazing. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else but here. So, goodbye to all of you and good luck. I can't wait to see what great things you all do in life. Thank you."

The gym erupts with applause. I stand up and yell for my best friend.

After everyone quieted down, they began giving out diplomas. It felt like ages until they finally made it until the end of the alphabet and said the magic words:

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the graduating class of 2017."

"Thank God," I say, grabbing the vodka out of Grays hand and taking a big chug.

"Woah," Liam says. "Slow down or you'll be drunk for the rest of your party."

"I can't do it," I whine. "We're only 3 hours in and I can't take all these people wanting to talk to me. I just wanna spend it with you guys."