Part thirteen - Those Type of Tingles

Start from the beginning

My stomach rumbled against my will, protesting for food. I wasn't sure if I should leave the room or not. no note had been left around to say what I was and wasn't supposed to do. I decided against going down to the kitchen; in fear that Darcy would be mad at me for lying to her. I hoped that she didn't get in any sort of trouble for that.

I thought about going to Slade's office of banging on my bedroom door so that he'd hear me but then I would be in risk of making him mad.

Finally after what seemed like forever, the door opened and Slade appeared. A deep blush rose to my cheeks as I thought about what had happened. Should I have been angry at myself or at him?

“We’re having dinner again in two days with the guests from last time.” Slade started. “I will expect you to be on your best behaviour, Isabella will not be attending. You need to make a good impression of yourself.”

"Yes Master.” I replied. Why would it matter whether I made a good impression or not? It’s not like I was going to survive here, even if I could that wouldn’t change the fact that I was intent on running away.

“But for now, its dinner time down stairs. You’ll be seated with me in the dining room.”

I nodded nervously as I followed out of the room behind him. Would it just be us, or would there be others there to cure the tension?

Just to my luck of course, it was just him and I.

I followed Slade to a grand dining table that was set up to seat two. Any hope of other people joining us soon faded away.

We sat in silence as we waited for dinner to be served and I couldn’t help but be tempted to ask about Slade’s like. Like where he grew up or how many family members did he have? But I knew better, if I wanted to stay alive and not have my neck snapped or my blood drained.

“You can speak if you like.” Slade said from across the table with almost a look of humour in his eyes.

“I don’t really have anything to say.” I replied.

“Surely you’re curious about something?” He asked. Was he not good at holding a conversation himself?

“The library.” I said, “Would you be able to take me there someday? I love reading.”

“If you behave at the dinner then I will grant you something’s that you would like.” Slade replied with a smirk on his face. “But on another matter of discussion, as of tomorrow you will have to start helping Darcy with house chores so that she will have more time to cook.”

“What type of chores?” I asked. I was in no way, someone’s Cinderella.

“Sweeping and mopping the floors, making beds, dusting, washing and tidying up rooms.”

“So I’m an official slave now?” I asked with distaste.

“Calm down now, don’t forget that you have to behave. I’m sure that you do not wish to be chained in the cells again.” Slade said with a smile. How could he think chaining me in a cell was funny? One day I would get my revenge on him. But right now, I would get to sit across the table from him and stare at his perfection.