"She would rather turn you all into crickets if you disrespect her." Dagur stated as he gleefully watched some flinch. "And I have a feeling she isn't too fond of you lot."

"We need the Dark Queen to listen to us." Another noble mentioned desperately.

"No, you need the protection that this realm has." Thuggory stated as he crossed his arms. "And you want the queen to provide it."

"What about that rumor?!" One of the ladies spoke up.

"What rumor?" Froda asked as she glanced at the lady standing next to her.

"Oh, there has been talk around the kingdoms of the Dark Queen favoring a man. They say she would tear kingdoms apart for him if he just asks." The woman exclaimed.

"That sounds so terribly romantic." Another mumbled.

"Do we know if this rumor is even true?" Valka now spoke up. She had come out of her shock of seeing her eldest living here peacefully while she thought him dead; Hiccups after all were not believed to be able to survive for so long on their own.

Dagur and Heather shared a knowing look with each other and promised to have a loud laugh when they were alone.

"Why do we not simply ask Hiccup?" Froda suggested.

"What?!" Geir nearly shouted. "Why would you even want to ask my useless brother?"

"Well, he has been living here, so he must know if these rumors are true." Froda stated logically.

"Then we will find out." One of the nobles stated. "And if it is true then we could persuade the man to influence the queen."

"We shall do that as a last resort, if this Dark Queen does not wish to help us." Stoick grumbled.

The nobles talked for a few minutes more about various rumors when the side doors to the throne room were opened. Everyone turned to the doors to see Astrid entering.

Astrid was wearing a regal purple dress with a ruffled neckline, a long skirt and beautiful wide sleeves. Her hair was placed in an intricate bun and a silver crow, embedded with amethysts, rested atop her head, reminding everyone of her status.

"I wish to apologize for my tardiness." Astrid said as she took her place upon the black marble throne. "There was a situation that required some......... special attention." She stated as a gleam entered her eyes.

Those in the room bowed to her before Thuggory, who had been elected speaker for the group beforehand, spoke up. "Greetings your Highness. We have traveled many days to speak with you. It is a rather urgent matter."

"You wish for my help against this scourge that is plaguing your lands and thus have called conclave to approach me." Astrid stated as she saw many eyes widen. "My answer is no. I will not help you."

"B....But you Highness!" Thuggory said desperately. "This plague is spreading and you seem to be the only one who has any solution for keeping our people save. What have we done to offend you?"

"I have no quarrels with the Viking people." Astrid said stiffly. "It is the people under your protection that I have a problem with."

At this the Viking delegations turned to look at the various royals who looked ashamed before facing the queen again. "I had warned them what would come about if they went through with their idiotic plan." Astrid explained as she glared at those assembled. "You ignored my warnings, you insulted me, and clearly stated 'we do not want the help of a dark practitioner'. Now you call conclave, a meeting that no royal can refuse or face retribution, and expect me to aid you."

"She warned you beforehand!!" Stoick bristled at the royals who shrank back. Geir, Froda, and several other Vikings listened in shock.

"Now you come to my realm to ask a 'dark practitioner' for help." Astrid stated. "My answer thus is no, I do not wish to associate with people who leave their countrymen to a monster while they escape."

"Please your Highness, reconsider. This affects us all." Thuggory tried to reason. "I am not ignoring the deeds of the nobles, but this is a serious matter and this is conclave, so I would like to suggest that we negotiate a deal which would benefit both your Highness and us."

Astrid thought for a moment before nodding in agreement and many of those in attendance let out a breath of relief. "But" Astrid said as she looked at those gathered. "This may be conclave, but you shall abide to the laws of my realm. Here respect is earned for your actions and not for your birth."

There was some muttering through the crowd but Astrid held up a hand effectively silencing them.

"We shall agree to abide by your terms." Thuggory said giving the queen a bow.

"Very well, as is customary of conclave, a ball shall be held in two days time in honor of our visitors. Please rest until the ball and we shall discuss the terms of our agreement afterwards."

When the guests exited the throne room they met with Gobber and Pavo outside, who were sporting smug looking grins.