Chap.7 Daybreak

The chirping of blue jays woke me out of my peaceful sleep. My eyelids slowly opened as I cautiously rose inside of my bed, and squinted my eyes as the sun rays crept through the small slits in the blinds. I threw back the black covers on my bed and placed my turquoise painted feet on the mahogany wood floor. I stood and walked over to the blinds slightly closing the tan curtain. I made my way to my bathroom and cut on the light illuminating the room. The bright light made me squint my tired eyes.

       I looked in the bathroom mirror and saw myself getting bags under my eyes. I sighed at the sight, I need to stop worrying so much about school and work because that's honestly what's got my mind going haywire. I leaned on the counter with my hands placed in front of me on either side. I put my head down and my blonde locks cascaded down my face.

    I'm so glad that Brandon is inviting me to chill with him, kassandra, and all of his other friends. I really need this stress reliever. I looked into the mirror and forced a smile on my face and dropped it once I saw how fake it looked.  Well my birthday's  tomorrow so that's one thing to be happy about.  I grinned as I thought about it. I'm finally gonna be twenty one!! I can finally drink legally!  It sucks when I have to sit at a club or at a restaraunt and watch Mo, and all of our friends sip on their cool, delicious, alcohol beverages. I am SO GLAD that I don't have to do that anymore.

       I splashed some water on my face and wiped the cold out of my eyes with a white hand towel as I dried my face with the same towel. I grabbed my pink and white orajel toothbrush and squeezed some Colgate onto the toothbrush. I scrubbed my teeth and rinsed my mouth out when I was finished I used my hand towel to clean access toothpaste off of my mouth.

  I glided back into my room and grabbed my phone off of the charger to see if anyone had called me. I looked at the missed call icon and tapped it. There were several missed calls from Mo, and lots from August. I sighed when I saw his name. I've been avoiding him for a couple of days now.

     Ever since  what went down in the kitchen, I've sort of been keeping my distance. Whenever Mo invites me to go out with them somewhere I make up an excuse as to why I can't go. I just don't know what to say to him after he did that. I mean I'm not mad about it or anything, cause baby boy had me weak, I ain't complaining. It's just like, where do we go from here. I just don't know what to do. I see him with his groupies, and it's like damn. He never does that for me, he never asks to take me out. All we do is chill at his house or mine, unless our friends invite us out. I just hate the fact that he acts like he doesn't want me when we're around people,but when we get behind closed doors it's another story.

       I flung my phone down on the soft comforter and walked over to my closet to get my outfit for the beach. Brandon said that we would be going around 2:00 and it's 1:23 now. I have to rush and get ready.  I pulled out a peach colored high low maxi skirt and a white Chanel fringe shirt. I grabbed my peach and gold sandals, and my white fringe bikini.

      I laid my clothes out and walked to the bathroom to turn the shower on. I waited until I saw steam and stripped down, then hopped inside.

    I got out of the shower and used my royal blue towel to dry myself off. I grabbed my cocoa butter lotion and lathered myself from head to toe.  I put on some secret deotorant and pulled on my bikini fixing any stray strings on the fringe. I put on the rest of my clothes and sprayed some Mariah Carey luscious pink on myself.

     I threw my hair in a messy bun not wanting to deal with it today, cause it takes years to tame this beast. I grabbed my black and blue ray bands off the side of my dresser and slipped them on my face. Grabbing my phone, my bag and my keys I  headed out the door.