Chapter 18: Listening Party

"Nah... Ion know man, just mix some shit....Nah I gotta have this ready by next month. Ight man, yeah... Imma be there soon. Alright, bye. " I woke up to August talking to someone on the phone loudly downstairs.  I looked down and saw that I was still fully clothed. 

I didn't wanna do anything with him, not after he had sex with Asia.  I'm still fuming from that. I really can't believe him, I don't know why I put myself through this. 

I sighed and flipped the comforter off of my legs and slung my feet over the edge of the bed and ran a hand through my hair. 

I slid off the bed and took cautious steps downstairs, still reeling from the accident with the broken glass. 

I looked to the dining room and saw August sitting there shirtless with his eyes glued to his MacBook. 

With a quick roll of my eyes I walked past him to go get my shoes and my keys so I could get the hell out of dodge. Coming here was a mistake.

"Hey, whats up. Come here." He had saw me trying to walk past the enclosed dining room and called me in. I just wanted to leave, no pit stops. I sighed and walked over to him. 

"No good morning or nothing,  you just gone walk past me like that?" he grabbed a hold of my waist and pulled me to him with this dumb ass grin on his face.  He leaned up to kiss me and I backed my face away from his while scrunching up my nose.

I shook my head at him, and he let me go and gave a soft sigh.

"Bella, I said I was sorry." I just looked away from him and pursed my lips because he was gonna get a mouthful. 

"August Im so tired of that, sing a different tune, please. Cause that one is getting so fucking old."

"I mean what else do you want me to say, or do?"

"I want you to man up August and stop playing me alright? Stop dogging me and then maybe I'll act a little different towards you." I gave his chest a shove. I felt my eyes watering but I blinked and looked away from him.

He ran a hand down his face and gave a frustrated sigh. 

"I thought we went over this already last night. I'm trying Bella, alright? At least give me that"

"August you aren't trying hard enough. What'd you think, I'd be good with you sticking your dick in every punnani you come in contact with? Because if so, you. Got. Me. Fucked. Up. This ain't Empire baby and I'm not Anika nor Rhonda."

He looked away from me and pursed his lips.

"I'm going home, I'll see you later."

"you leaving now?" He asked with his brows furrowed while looking at me I'm disbelief.

"I have somewhere to be, I'm supposed to be hanging with Mo today"

"I'll call you later." I said after a moment of silence

"yeah...alright." he sighed defeated

I walked away from him, trying not to apply too much pressure to my right foot, and grabbed my keys of the kitchen island then left.

-------------
"You want this color?" the Chinese woman doing my nails asked holding up a bottle of nude pink polish.

"yes, that's fine." she nodded and opened the polish to start painting on my freshly long manicured nails.

Mo was sitting next to me, she was getting white colored nails with a Nike swoosh on them.  I thought that was so creative.

"Aahh, doesn't this feel nice.  To have a break from things you know? Just relaxing. This is so long overdue Bella." I nodded in agreement to Mo's true statement.