Chapter 3: Brightside

Kimbella's P.O.V

I woke up to a knock at my door. I rolled over and went to answer it. It sounds like they were trying to break the door down.

"What the hell" I mumbled. I opened the door and Mo rushed in all excited. I slammed the door annoyed.

"Girl don't you know how to knock like a regular person?" I asked yawning and taking a seat on the couch beside her.

"I'm sorry B I just have some really good news. EEPP!" She said smiling.

"Alright lemme go brush my teeth first." I said getting up.

"NO! Girl this can't wait, this is urgent." She said yanking my arm back down. I rolled my eyes at how dramatic she is.

"Well damn, just break my arm. I don't need it" I said rubbing my arm. "Oh sorry" she said letting me go. "What happened?" I asked her.

"Okay girl so remember how we went to the club with jay and his friends last weekend?"

"yeah...?" I said waiting for her to finish. "Okay so we talked last night on the phone and he said he wants to make it official and be more than just friends" she said excitedly. I looked at her wide-eyed and starting smiling.

"You're lying" I said getting up. "I'm so not, look he texted me this morning" she said pulling out her phone and showing me the text.

It said "Good morning beautiful, I'm glad that we've decided to take our relationship to the next level, I hope you have a wonderful day, when you read this text call me. :*"

"Aww that's so cute!" I said looking at her "And he ended it with a kissy face."

"Yes, girl I know." She said smiling. "So I called him this morning and he told me that he wants to go mini golfing, but he wants you to come." She said grinning.

"Me? For what? To be a third wheel?" I said looking at her stupid "Nah. I'm good, I'll pass." I said shaking my head.

"No silly because, apparently you and his friend who I just recently found out is AUGUST ALSINA, were chatting it up at the club the other day and he told jay to tell you to come." She said looking at me with a face.

"Okay, I was gonna tell you but I figured that it wasn't important so I was just like forget it, we only talked for like a hour, and it was nothing major so..." I said pleading my case.

"Mhmm, whatever trick, you're coming. No if's and's or but's about it." She said looking at me with a serious face.

"Okay damn, momma Montana." I said rolling my eyes and walking to my room to get ready. "Mhmmm, damn right. And hurry up too, cause I'm hungry."

I took a 20 minute shower and got out and put on a pair of appropriate shorts that were suitable for the public but super cute and a nice graphic tee along with some jordan 1's. I fluffed my hair out and grabbed my black shoulder bag and my car keys. I looked in the mirror, No makeup was needed. I sprayed some Chanel no. 5 on and brushed my teeth and I was ready to go.

"Damn took you about 3 hours." Mo said rolling her eyes and getting up off the couch.

"Whatever trick." I said walking to my kitchen. I grabbed a bottled water from the fridge and threw one to Mo.

"Thanks." She said catching it. "Turn off the TV Mo" I told her while I was walking towards the door. We walked out, went downstairs, walked outside and got into my car.

"They need to fix that damn elevator, I'm tired of walking down those damn steps." She said slamming the door.

"Well don't take it out on my car, and plus a little bit of stairs is not gonna kill you Mo." I said making a face.