Chapter 2 - Chase

Chapter 2 – Chase

Charm walked up to the Adam, Bree, and I at school. “Morning,” She smiled. “Hey, where’s Aerie?” Bree asked. “I told her to stay home. She wasn’t feeling well,” Charm replied. Adam shrugged. “Bummer. I should have apologized to her.”

We all looked at Adam in shock. What could he have possibly done? “What did you do, Adam?” I asked. I knew Aerie could glitch out any moment. Maybe Aerie did glitch and cause the waste factory to explode.

“I was supposed to call her last night after training, but I guess I never did.”

I was about to insult Adam, but Leo popped out of the gymnasium doorway. “Hey, guys. Have you ever had that dream when you’re in school naked?” He asked. He stood out from the doorway to reveal he was only wearing a towel.

Charm tried not to laugh as she looked away. “Well it’s happening to me right now!” He shrieked. Charm took a picture of Leo. “I’m so sending that to Aerie.”

“Where was the last place you had it?” Adam asked. “On my body!” Leo snapped. Adam squinted. “Are you sure?”

“That is so mean. Who would do that to you?” Bree frowned. In came the perpetrator. “Fee Fi Fo Fum! I smell the blood of a wimpy one!” Trent stomped. He was wearing Leo’s tiny clothes and Leo’s shoes on his hands.

I texted Aerie that it was Trent who stole his clothes. Trent flexed. “Oops,” He gasped as we heard a tear. “Looks like your mom has to buy you clothes from the ‘not big and not tall’ store!” He snickered.

As he laughed in Leo’s face a gush of air slightly pushed me. I turned around to see Aerie in her pajamas. “Trent!” Aerie snapped. Trent froze.

“What are you doing in Leo’s clothes?” She asked. I’ve never seen her so angry. Aerie beckoned Trent over. He hunched over as he walked to her. “Give me the clothes.”

Trent slowly got undressed to his boxers. Aerie held up Leo’s torn pants and shirt. “You know Trent, I would really appreciate you not torturing Leo.”

“Aerie, let Trent go,” I whispered. She obviously wasn’t paying attention. Her eyes were locked on me. “Don’t you ever pick on Leo!” She snapped. She punched Trent in the face knocking him out.

Charm pulled Aerie’s arms back. “What the hell!” I shouted. Charm and I exchanged looks. I knew Aerie was definitely going haywire. She pulled away and calmed down. “Fine,” She muttered. “I might as well hide the body.”

Aerie lifted Trent over her shoulder and walked away with Trent.

Before lunch, Aerie ran home and back to Leo some clothes. As we were sitting down, Leo walked in to greet us. “Thanks for getting my clothes, Aerie.”

She lifted her head from the table and smiled. “Anything for you, sweetie,” She smiled. Aerie put her head back down and went to sleep.

Perry walked in. Of course being the mean person she is, she flipped over a student’s tray of lunch as he walked in her way. She cleared her throat and began, “As you all know the home coming dance is tomorrow. So if you don’t have a date, keep asking! I love the rejections!” She snickered.

“How many dances have you been to?” Bree scoffed.

Perry pointed her finger towards Bree. “Watch it, popsicle. Tomorrow is the anniversary of the death of Jasper the Janitor so – uh, Brandy, set the mood.”

The lunch lady gave Perry a flashlight and turned off the lights. “It was a dark and stormy night when students snuck into school to prank old Jasper. They decided to scare Jasper while he was cleaning the pencil sharpener. His beard got caught and all they found where Jasper shavings with no one to clean it up.”