"You're intent on taking fifty bucks from Adam when the son of the most powerful pack in Moonstone is sitting inside your dinky trailer?" Breece demanded. Jack rolled his eyes as he tapped the ash off the end of his cigarette so it fell just inches from my hand. I withdrew to the back of the cage, which was only a foot or so away until my back hit bars. I slumped again in defeat.

"If you're worried about him escaping, don't waste the thought. I've reinforced the cage with steel and he's also heavily drugged. The tranquilzer I slipped into the tea is enough to keep even a rabid grizzly bear sedate. I don't pack lightly, Breece. What do you take me for? An idiot?" Jack asked, cocking a brow at Breece, who grimaced, but didn't dare look down at me.

I growled low in my throat, trying to pick myself up, but I fell back to the floor, breathing hard.

"Traitor." I spat, my chest heaving as my fingertips brushed the bars in an attempt to grab at Breece's pantleg, but he stepped away from me, turning his face the other way.

"Just hurry with your experiments and be gone with him. The smoke won't cloak his scent for long, especially with his mate running around searching for him." Breece told Jack harshly. My eyes widened and I looked up at him.

He knew about Scythe.

How could he know about Scythe?!

He threw me a short glance before looking away, nodding to Jack before he departed from the trailer.

Jack just blew smoke after him before he put the cigarette out, bending down on his hunches in front of the cage. He held onto one of the bars, peering in at me with a wicked smile.

"Don't worry. I take very good care of my pets. I'll try not to hurt you, but no promises. I must admit, though. I like you like this, Zaid. You're so cute. Oh, that reminds me. I have a gift for you." He rose to his feet, heading to one of the cupboards above the black stove just across the walkway in front of the cage.

I rolled as far back as I could get, gripping the bar and keeping my back to Jack. That's when I looked down at myself and froze. The reason I felt cold. My clothes were completely gone. I was stark naked. Not a part of me could be hidden. My breath caught in my throat as my face flamed with embarrassment.

"Where is it? Oh wait. Here it is!" Jack exclaimed gleefully and shut the cupboard, coming up to the cage. He opened the top, swinging the barred door back. I went to lunge out, but it was as Jack said. The drugs in my system had me slumping back to the bottom of the cage in defeat, panting in exhaustion at the quick movement.

Jack smirked and reached into the cage with a collar. A black leather strap with two buckles and strange metal studs that were rounded at the ends. He clamped it around my throat, making me choke.

"Ah, too tight?" He asked as he tightened it even further. I gasped for air, my hands reaching up to jerk on it so I could breath, but my grasp was too weak and Jack easily knocked my hands away.

"Off," I choked, "Take it off!"

"Oh, no, I can't do that. Here, let's make it just a tad looser. I like hearing your voice." Jack replied kindly and looped the buckles. I gasped as air rushed into my lungs and I slumped to the bottom of the cage again, breathing heavily. Jack leaned away from the cage, shutting the top over me.

He went to the bed that was sitting just beyond the door with a pull out door, then came back with a large metal plate that he slammed onto the top of the cage. My ears rang with the sound and I cringed, covering my ears weakly. I rolled onto my stomach, struggling to prop myself up on my elbows as I watched Jack walk to one of the counters, pulling the top off the counter and placing it over the metal plate above my head.