"To cut it short, she knew what I was. However she saw me as her lover as I did her," he then suddenly grunted, "-yet on a rare night were I'd accept her wish to feed on her, she screamed." 

Luciano paused. I stared at the side of his face intently with a frown. 

"Screamed?" I questioned. 

"I thought I had accidentally hurt her," he said coldly, "-Although even as I pulled away, trying to comfort her, she kept screaming. So loud that when one of the lower class workers entered the room she screamed that I was trying to kill her." 

I settled back into the sofa. Luciano had been betrayed that much was clear. However this woman he spoke of did so without reasoning and so suddenly. It didn't make sense. 

"I denied it. But tell me Grace," Luciano suddenly straightened up and my eyes followed up with his dark ones as he stared at me, "-if you saw the blood dripping from my mouth and a young girl bleeding beneath me- you'd think I was killing her, would you not?"

Without even blinking I blankly answered. 

"No." 

Luciano smirked. 

"The answer would be yes," he said lowly before his expression grimed again.

And so I probably would have thought so too. However my mind went with what it thought Luciano would have preferred to hear. 

"I'll spare you the details. However as superior as we are to humans, being staked indirectly numerous times by dozens of humans can put us down. And with that? I was buried."

He didn't continue after that and I didn't look away. 

"But why?" I said blankly, "-for no reason at all?" 

Luciano sighed his gaze dawning further into my eyes. 

"For another man who was like me. He had gained suspicion and was the main source of death, however getting rid of me they presumed the threat gone and the safety of their village restored."  

I sat silent after that, my gaze lowering as I thought about what Luciano said. 

Had he really loved her? It was clear she must have not. To expose him so thoughtlessly. 

All this time he was underground, starved and awake. The thought was disturbing to me. Perhaps even sad. 

I suddenly felt cold fingers hold my chin as my head was tilted up. 

"Whats the matter?" Luciano asked his voice shifting from that of ice. 

I ignored his question. Because was something really the matter? I did not know. All that I knew was that I had been strange ever since I met the man. Even looking at him now, I couldn't say I felt dead on the inside without a small amount of reluctance. 

Then again, it made sense. After visiting his grave several times, I had grown accustomed to the routine and simply now to him personally.

"All that was written on the gravestone was your name," I mentioned blandly. 

I thought back to the gravestone. Besides the date on it, I pictured the writing of Luciano's name it had present. 

It was odd how I missed the grave. I missed walking to the cemetery and talking about my thoughts to a dead man. 

Yet here that man was, now responding. 

"I was the luckiest one in that cemetery," Luciano said lowly.

"How?" I questioned dully.

Luciano tilted his head gazing at me. His face was emotionless and his eyes were dark. 

"I was the one who had company for the first time in what was more than a lifetime. My grave suddenly taken care of, my name acknowledged," he said. 

I continued to stare at Luciano blankly. 

"You know," he added lowly, "-I could even smell the flowers you planted above me. It was a pleasant change." 

Luciano's eyes moved to my hair as he spoke, grabbing a piece of my hair and threading it between his fingers. I didn't look away from his eyes and his never wavered. 

My demeanor didn't change as I only stared back. However Luciano's hand rested at the back of my head and tilted it up slightly. 

The emptiness I felt was too strong to subside. Though, even with Luciano's cold touch I did indeed feel something that was new once again. It wasn't a short thrill or burst of adrenaline like last time, however something a lot more subtle.

It was a small warmth.

 Luciano's cool lips grazed mine softly, before slowly, kissing me. 

-

-

-

-

A/N

Tell me what you think!