Chapter 4

The picture above is our bull named One Time Joe at a bull riding last year.

Asher's POV:
4:37 p.m.
Tonight there was a PRCA rodeo at the fairgrounds. We were all going to root on one another. I just got done hitching up the trailer to Blingy when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I took off my leather gloves and sat them on the hood of my truck before pulling out my phone. I received a message from Liberty reminding me about the barn dance tonight after the rodeo.

"How could I forget? Do you want me to pick you up on my way in town?"

"Sure, how long will you be?"

"I'll be there at 5:30"

I drove Brody's truck to the loading chute at the back pens to load up half of the bulls. My dad was out of town with my mom roping in Arizona. So it was just me and Brody at the house. He was finishing up mucking the horse stalls.
"Hey Brody, can you give me a hand?"
"Depends on what you need,"
"Help me push the bulls into the loading pen,"
"I guess I don't really have another option,"
Brody hated working with the bulls or any of the rodeo stock because he got ran over during a practice a few years ago. A bunch of college boys came out to our house to get on a few of our bulls and Brody was bullfighting. He tripped in the soft dirt and got stepped in a couple of times. I know it still haunts him so I never ask him to help me with them; but with Mom and dad gone, I could really use his help.
We were taking 15 bulls of ours in tonight. There were 20 riders so a friend of ours let us haul 10 of his to make up the amount and have some extra in case of re-rides. We already picked up the extra 10 yesterday so they were already in the pen waiting to be loaded.
I ordered Brody to open up the trailer door and stand behind it while I push the bulls on the trailer.
"Okay now!"
Brody swung the gate closed as fast as he could to ensure that none of the bulls would run back out. "Awesome work! Now I'll drive the truck up front and park Blingy up at the loading chute."
I hopped out of my truck and led my horse in the trailer first. I put the moving divider wall behind him. I crawled over a few fences. Brody did the same. I walked around the herd and Brody stayed halfway between me and the fence to help so they won't try running of somewhere. "Here Brody you might need this!" I threw him a rattle paddle so he could keep the bulls from wanting to run to him. I kept applying pressure to them and they finally ran through the gate, down the alley and into the loading pen. I closed the gate behind us to make it easier to load. I walked up to them while Brody held the trailer door again. The bulls walked on easily and we locked the doors and tied the door closed with a flank rope. We both drove the trucks up to the house and got ready for tonight.
I just got out of the shower and was picking out my outfit. I chose a green pearl snap that was detailed with black Indian headdress figures. I put on my starched wranglers and slipped on my boots. I was doing finishing touches when my alarm went off. I had set one so I know when I should be done getting ready to leave. I put on a second layer of mascara and a finishing spray of hairspray. I grabbed my purse and phone and ran down the stairs. Brody had already left. I put on a lightweight Ariat jacket and my black Stetson hat and went out the door. Brody had already put the dogs in their kennel so they won't run away or chase after us. Everything was good to go. A few minutes later I pulled into Liberty's driveway to pick her up. Lucky for me she was out of her house in no time. I gave her the Aux cord so she could choose what we listened to. We were currently listening to Dirt on My Boots by Jon Pardi.
We rolled in the fairgrounds and I parked the trailer at the loading chute. I ran in the back to find an open pen for me to put the bulls in. Once I found one, I chained it open and ran back to the trailer. I opened up the gate and tied it open to a fence. The bulls were in the pen and eating some of the grain that was provided. I shut the gate and drove Blingy to the side so it was out of the way then parked it for the night.

Liberty and I got out only taking in what we needed. I grabbed a few hooks in my left hand and laid five flanks on my shoulder. I put my phone in my pocket and took in a $20 just in case I needed anything.
We walked through the contestant and contractor door so we wouldn't have to pay. I saw Brad with a couple of his friends. I threw everything down and ran up behind him and jumped on his back. I threw my arms around his neck and kissed his right cheek. He turned his neck so he could see me and kissed me. He set me down and introduced me to the guys he was talking to. "Asher this is Cody, Cody Asher." "Nice to meet you Asher," "you too!" "And Asher this is Jacob," "nice to meet you," I said with a handshake. "Likewise." Cody spoke up, "Asher do you know the bull called Honey?" "Yeah, that bulls mine!" "Alright cool, I drew him tonight and was wondering what he's like?" " he is a strong bull that spins faster than you'd expect." "What is his number?" "T13, is on his hip," "thanks
for that!" He said as he walked down the alleyway to the bull pens.

Zac had places first in saddle bronc and Luke got third place. Will got third in bareback and I got first in barrels. Now it was time for bull riding. Brad was third to go. He drew our best bull, One Time Joe. I was on the back flanking Joe and Brad was up front working the rossin in his hand. The first kid got a weak score of 73.50 and the second kid bucked off before the whistle. It was Brad's turn now and Brody was spotting him. We were both giving him a pep talk. One Time Joe is our best bull meaning of Brad can ride him well there's a big chance he could win it all. He nodded his head and the chute help opened the chute gate. Joe turned and took a big leap forward before crouching low and shooting up again in rotation. He kept on spinning and jumping with all his might. Brad was staying with him and was right where he needed to be the whole time. The buzzer sounded and he untied his rope and got off. He ran back to the chute that was open and climbed it to get to me. The announcer started speaking "Brad just earned himself a big score of 89.75! Moving him to the lead!" He gave me a big kiss. "Good job! I'm so proud of you!" "I couldn't have done it without your stud of a bull." He hopped back down and grabbed his bull rope and hat from one of the bullfighters.

Brad ended up winning the bull riding. Three of us won buckles, but all of us earned a check of various amounts. It was time for the barn dance. It was located at a big cattle ranch 15 minutes away. The dance had one more song until it was over. Brad and I were dancing to "Die a Happy Man," by Thomas Rhett. "You know, two years ago at this barn you asked me out," "I did didn't I?" "Mhmm, it was after your football game and we both wanted alone time." I laughed at the old days. "I think it only makes sense for it to be the place of our wedding reception." "I like that idea, it's a ways away though," "I know, but never too early to start planning." "You look gorgeous tonight by the way," he smiled down at me. "You know, my parents aren't home if you want to come over." " you know I'd like to be alive for our wedding, what if your dad found out I spent the night at your house while he was gone?" "Then he finds out and will tease you forever," "okay, but this is all on you Asher. All on you."

I'm so sorry it's been so long! Wattpad somehow got deleted off my phone and I had to work out my account information. Let me know if there's anything I can do better.

Question to my readers: Do you like the pictures I add to the story?