8. Elevator Out Of Hell

Supergirl and the Flash singing in a musical! This is my new favorite song.

Percy POV~

I got home just before 2:00. I changed back into my pajamas and messed up my hair more than it already was and went down the stairs sort of sluggishly so it looked like I just got up.

"'Morning mom, Paul, Annabeth," I said as though I was half asleep.

"Oh. Hey Percy! How late did you stay up last night doing homework?" Annabeth was so convincing, I almost believed her. She would make an amazing Aphrodite kid. She would be more like Piper though. Speaking of Piper, I wonder how Jason and her are doing on those shrines. They better not have done Kym's shrine yet because we agreed to do that together. I wonder if Dad let Kym back into the kingdom. Ah! Dam ADHD!!

"Um, about 1. I wanted it all done so that I'd have the rest of the weekend homework free!" It wasn't as good as Annabeth's but it was pretty good.

"Uh huh. Now where were you really?" My mom said raising an eyebrow. I made up a quick lie.

"Fine. I had Leo install a monster detection system in my room so if a monster is within a mile of the house I would know. It went off last night and so I snuck out and there were" I took a deep breath. "Six hellhounds, seven emposai, four dracnae, two cyclopes, three hydras and the Graeae(Real name of the Grey Sisters) almost ran me over with their stupid taxi."

"Oh my gods. Why didn't you just tell me?"

"I didn't want you to be worried," I said, relieved and frustrated that she bought it. Now I had to get Leo over to actually install a monster detection system.

My mom came over and hugged me. I hugged her back and said, "I'm fine, mom."

***Time skip to Monday***

School. The worst word in the English language. At least I had Annabeth with me.

"So, what's your schedule?" I asked Annabeth, closing my locker. She handed me her schedule.

"Here you go," she said, closing her locker as well. I pulled up a cool app that Leo's brother Harley created. It was like a camera except when you held it up to words, it translated them to Greek. The demigods are getting tech savvy!

After translating and reading her schedule, I handed her schedule back and said, "We have the same schedule. Except for the exploratory(A/N elective). Good luck in computers."

"That's okay. Leo gave me a little chip I can attach to the computer that will make it monster-proof," she informed me.

"We have to stop making Leo build stuff for us," I said. Just then, Dick came up to me.

"Hey Percy. Um, who's this?" He asked.

"This is Annabeth Chase, my friend from my, uh, summer camp. Annabeth, this is Dick Grayson." Annabeth put her hand out.

"Hi, nice to meet you," she said with a smile. Dick shook her outstretched hand.

"The same to you. Anyways, can I borrow Percy for a moment?" He asked. I looked at Annabeth and she shrugged.

"Sure," I said, walking across the hall. "What's up?"

"Yesterday, we had a mission with Cyclone," he started. I nodded for him to go on. "We were supposed to detain a group of sixteen year old girls and find the source of mysterious howls and lightning strikes. Cyclone told us to stay back and talked to one of the girls before coming back. Do you know who she was talking to and what it was about?" He asked. All I said was,

"Yeah."

"Okay, who was she?"

"My cousin."

"Your cousin? What were they talking to each other about?"

"Cyclone asked why she was in Alaska and Thals told her she was hunting some wolves that were killing locals," I said with a shrug.

"What about the lightning strikes? She wasn't very specific on any of the information." I paused for a millisecond trying to think of an excuse.

"Something to do with global warming or whatever. I don't really listen that much when she's talking about missions," I lied.

"Why didn't she just tell us?" I shrugged.

"I don't know but I have to show Annabeth to her classes so bye!" I waved to him and started walking back to Annabeth.

When I got across the hallway, Annabeth had her phone above a book, probably to translate it, and was reading. When came up to her she put her phone away and looked up.

"What was that about?" She asked. I knew better than to tell her Nothing because of her need to know everything.

"He was asking about the mission last night and I told him that I zoned out while 'Cyclone' was talking," I said, adding a shrug at the end.

"So what you actually do when I'm telling you about architecture?" I pretended to think about it.

"Yep!" I said popping the 'p'. She laughed. I looked at my watch/shield and grabbed Annabeth's hand. I raced down the hallway to our first period class: English.

We got there thirty seconds before the bell rang. And once Paul walked in, the class grew silent. I pretended to take notes for the whole class period but was actually coming up with names for me to call Annabeth over the comms. As soon as the bell rang I closed my notebook and went back to my locker to get my science books.

Annabeth soon caught up to me and was grabbing her science books as well when Josh came over.

"Hey, babes," he said in what he thought was a suductive voice. "Did hurt when you two fell from heaven?" I looked at Annabeth and smirked.

"Actually we rode the elevator out of Hell," I said, not realizing that Dick was behind me.

A/N Sorry it's short but I wanted to give you guys something since I haven't updated in a while! Happy Easter!🐰🐣

Word Count-1012