Brotherly Love Ch. 4

Matt's POV

The first day of school, or as I'd like to call it, the first day of Hell. Not that I get bullied much, or don't have many friends. I actually have many friends, and I'm pretty popular. Adam is more popular than me, but I'll get there once he graduates. School is Hell because the only classes I like are drawing and photography, I have to get up at 6:30 a.m. every morning, and there are the guys like the ones at the mall. I've never really gotten bullied because a lot of people like me and I have Adam there for me.

I look at my clock. It's not time for Adam to get up yet. I smile and slide out of bed. I creep down the hall towards my brother's room, staying as quiet as I can. I open a tiny crack in his door and look through to find him still asleep. Good.

I tip-toe over to his bed and lean my face really close to his. I walk back a few steps to get a running start, then sprint across the room, jumping right on his stomach. He lets out an "Oof!" of pain before he throws me off onto the floor. I pop my head back up to be level with his, and say "Good morning!" brightly. I smile sweetly at him.

Adam groans and rolls his eyes. "Just because you have to get up this early to straighten your nappy hair doesn't mean I do."

I gasp. "My hair is not nappy!"

He looks over at me with a smirk on his face. "Sure." He gets out of bed, leaving me there on the floor, wondering if my hair is actually nappy.

________________________________________

"Hey! You ready for the first day of school?" Alex asks me when Adam and I get to school. Adam had already gone off to find his own friends.

"No," I reply glumly, looking down at my Vans. I may not like school, but I make sure I look good when I go. I have on black skinny jeans, some chain belts, and a blue and black plaid button-up shirt, with sleeves that are rolled up to my elbows. Yeah, I look good.

"Aw, cheer up Matt! It'll be a great day." He pulls me toward the school by my arm.

"Noo! I don't waanna goo!" I yell while I reach my arm in the other direction, looking for something to grab on to. Some people give us weird looks, but I just stick my tongue out at them. Alex has enough of my struggling, so he picks me up and throws me over his shoulder. "Alex! Put me down!"

"Nope," he says, popping the 'p'. He carries me all the way to the office, grabs our schedules, and to our light blue lockers, which are conveniently placed right next to each other. He puts me down so that we can put our bags inside, then pulls me to our first class. We seem to always have the same classes every year. I think he bribes the secretary or something.

"What do we have first?" I ask him. I hope it isn't geometry so my days don't have to start off terrible.

He looks at our schedules. "Art," he replies. I smile, happy that we would get a fun start to every day.

We get to class and sit down in the back near the windows. I look around at the people already in the room. There's nothing about them that catches my attention. Nothing outstanding. The tardy bell rings then, and the teacher skips into the room. "Hello class! I'm Miss Day, and obviously I'll be your tenth grade art teacher."

She's a pretty, young woman with light brown hair pulled up into a pony tail and big, bright eyes, and a kind face. "The first thing I would like you to do is draw a picture that represents you, as an introduction. It can include anything you want, I won't hold you back."

I immediately rip a piece of paper out of my sketch book and set to work. About an hour later, I sit down my pencils, finally done. I had drawn a pretty blue sky with a bright, warm sun. Dark storm clouds are rolling in from the corner. Soft green grass lays beneath it, with random patches of weeds spread out. In the middle of the page I drew a circle with the circle-with-an-arrow symbol for males inside of it.