Smile In The Rain

There was once a girl. She never laugh nor smile. No one had ever seen her with a happy face. She always had this scary aura with her. No one tried to come near her because of that.

One day, a very cheerful boy tried to approach her. The boy talked to the girl which made everyone amazed by his braveness. The girl talked back and they became friends.

Years had passed and the boy is now a teen age guy, as well as the girl. And they are still together. Although they have been friends for that long, the boy had never seen the girl happy.

The boy tried his best to make her happy but nothing worked. One sunny day, he was trying his best again to cheer up the girl, but then he got tired and asked the girl directly. "Why can't you just be happy? I have been trying my best to make you happy, then why won't you smile?" The boy said with confusion. "If I smile, then the sun will hide" she said and left the boy alone.

The next day comes and it was a sunny day again. The boy haven't been around the girl for the half of the day. The girl started to worry and she misses the boy.

She looked for him but she didn't see him. When she was near to give up, the boy texted her to come to the roof top. She ran towards the rooftop and saw the boy looking at the sunset. She went closer to him and sat next to him.

"I wanted to show you this" said the boy as he pointed the sun going down slowly. "What about it?" The girl asked the boy.

"The sun is hiding, eventhough you're not smiling. That means what you believe is wrong. The sun always goes down and hide every night, so why can't you smile?" The boy explained to the girl.

"It's nothing like that. Even the moon hides when I'm happy." The girl said to the boy as she left her again.

The next day comes again and the sun was bright again. The boy dragged the girl to the rooftop again. "I stayed by your side, I tried to make you happy, I did all I could. But now I can't think of anything anymore. I hope my next words would make you happy."

"What are you next words then?" The girl asked the boy. "Being loved by someone and being inlove with someone makes me happy the most. And now I wanted to share this feelings with you. I have been with you until now. And I've been trying my best to make you happy for one certain reason." The boy said with a smile.

The clouds are getting darker and the sun was being covered by the clouds slowly. The girl still kept a serious face.

"I love you" the boy said while blushing. After those words came out of the boy's mouth, the clouds completely covered the sun. The girl soon had teary eyes.

"I never wanted to be happy, because when I do, I get too much. Too much that it steal the cheerful surrounding away from everyone. The sun hides behind the clouds." Tears fall down the girl's eye. At the same time, rain fall from the skies.

"I got scared that if the sun hides behind the clouds., it would take your happiness away. I'm sorry. I know you tried you best. I did too... because I love you too" the girl said as more tears fall down her eyes.

The boy uderstood the girl. He hugged her tight and tears fell from his eyes as well. "Don't ever keep secrets like that from me again okay?" The boy said and break their embrace. "Promise" the girl replied and smiled at him.

Her smile is the most beautiful thing he's ever seen in his whole life. 'That smile that she keeps for years, that smile she never gave to anyone. Her precious smile. Her smile in the rain I finally got to see it' the boy thought.