Magic men

As night and I wondered back to the pack I was thinking about how my family was going to act to my disappearance. I know I have run off many times… Far to many times but I just cant help it sometimes. My father tells me all the time that I am a free spirit like a stallion in an open field and I have to agree with him there, because every time I leave my pack I feel a sense of freedom, but when I leave to protect them I feel a sense of responsibility and I deeply love that feeling.

My eyes gazed over to Night that was walking beside me, his silky jet black fur was long getting ready for the harsh winter that was to come, I already felt the chill in the air as it nipped at my nose. I had to start getting ready myself, which means I need to hunt and kill a dear for its fur and make some warmer cloths. My old ones got destroyed from the wear, last winter was terrible with the harash snowed about knee deep sometimes and the sudden blizzards. By the end of the winter my cloths were all tatters, exposing bare skin in to the frigid winter air.

I shuttered at the thought, yes I will have to get to work and make my new winter outfit. Night looked at me from my sudden movement, he is always alert, always protective about me. He thinks himself as my protector since I am a human and normally humans don’t live in the woods. But I keep telling him that I am not a normal human that I have more wit and strength than them. I was raised by one of the most intelligent thing in the world of Akasu after all, the wolves of Winter Dale.

I smiled at Night. “ Night do you think I am weak?” I have asked him this many times before and I get the same reply every time, I guess I want him to tell me the truth of what he really feels.

His soft sky blue eyes looked at me with tender kindness. “ No Rav’. You are strong.” I knew he was just saying that to keep me happy but I could see in his eyes the truth.

            I looked away from him, my lavender eyes looking ahead of me in the Bhangi forest, it seemed to open up before me. It was wide and vast with tall trees probably over a thousand years old. This forest was magical, and ancient, father told me that elves used to live here long before the wolves took it as their own.

            I have only met an elf once and it was during my route of protecting my pack making sure no one was going to harm them. Moon mother whispered to me telling me of an intruder in the woods but that it wasn’t a threat, I didn't really care I don't like trespasser in my packs woods.

            I slowly picked my way to where moon mother told me to go, and what I saw amazed me. I looked from behind a tree and saw a little girl with sun bleached blond hair, skin pale as the moon, just like mine, eyes big but the color of them was soft silver. I could smell the fear rising off of her as I saw her trembling, and heard her soft weeps. I slid from behind the tree going on all fours my foot stepping slightly out in front of me as my hands drift to the side, my eyes trained on her, as I stepped closer. Her wide eyes looked at me and shoved herself onto a tree pressing away from me, she was breathing hard from fright.

            “I don’t want… to hurt…You.” My human language has gotten a lot better over the years, I only hoped that she could speak it to.

            She looked at me confused for a second, made my hope quiver for a moment, then she lowered her head looking at me through her thick silver eyelashes with anger. “ Your human… Your kind enslaved my people! Your kind killed my family! Your kind killed my ancestors!” Her human was a bit better then mine but it there was a need of improvement like mine.

            “I am ...not normal human, I am wolf by ...heart, trapped in human... body.” She looked at me weird. “Since I was ... baby I was raised by wolves. I also hear moon mother, she told me to... come find you, and she showed me the... way.