Sakumo came out, eyes flashing dangerously.

"I smelt the f*cking stink of that man and his little f*c-" Sakumo started growling with a kunai in hand.

"Dad." Sakumo froze. 

"Language."

Sakumo gave him a deadpanned look.

"Seriously? Who gives a damn now? Give me a hug. I'm so glad you guys are safe." he mumbled the last part as he bent down, hugging both Obito and Kakashi.

"... Can someone explain to me what's going on?" Obito asked meekly from Sakumo's shoulder.

"Go to bed first." Kakashi muttered, yawning.

"I don't think I can now." Obito whispered.

"Let's just drink some tea." Sakumo suggested, "On the rooftop."

Obito perked up at that.

"Hell yes!"

"Language."

"Shut up you guys are so noisy..." Karasu groaned from the hallway. Sakumo grinned.

"Well who wants to wake Obito's grandmother to drink with us?"

Kakashi silently hugged his father tighter as everyone started laughing, inwardly thankful.

That could have gone very, very bad.

...

Kakashi peered down at Obito's sleeping form and looked back up at the rising sun. 

"... I should probably go running. With Gai." he kinda missed his old friend.

...

"Yo, Maito san." Kakashi greeted to the green spandex pair. 

"Oh! Kakashi!" Dai exclaimed, pleasantly surprised. Gai was preparing for his daily run and grinned at Kakashi. The silver haired boy was one of the people in the academy that didn't mock him, only believing in him with that cool and hip attitude.

Gai looked down at Kakashi shinobi uniform in surprise. "I never really saw you out of your yukata now that I think about it...". Kakashi was in his original dark blue shinobi clothes,  and he smiled. He tucked his fan away and his mask up.

"Ma, I felt like running today..."

"REALLY?!" Gai cheered excitedly. "LET'S RACE!!!"

Kakashi chuckled at the nostalgic phrase. "Ok... Ready..."

"Set..."

"GO!!!"

Two blurs of blue and green shot through the empty awakening streets of Konoha.

...

"Kakashi, I'm going on a mission." Sakumo said during dinner time, Karasu looking grim beside him. "I may be away for a while so before I go, I want you to sign the Hatake Summoning Contract - Given from the Inuzuka's as a peace treaty long ago."

Memories of his pack flooded Kakashi's brain and his lips twitched but grew serious again at the thought of that cursed bridge.

"... Promise me." 

Sakumo looked up from his meal questioningly and froze slightly as he made eye contact with his son. What happened to him that gave him such solemn, deep, dark eyes?

"... What?" he asked hesitantly as the silence continued to drag longer, everyone at the table watching them warily. 

"Promise me that you're come back, alive. In one piece." he said fiercely.

Sakumo was shocked and so was everyone else. Obito's eyes widened slightly at Kakashi's demand.

Sakumo set his mouth in a thin line then sighed, reaching over the table with his pinky out.

"As long as you don't mess around with Danzo while I'm away. Promise?" 

Kakashi stared at the calloused hand before stretching out his own pale finger.

"Promise."

With two crossed fingers behind his back.

...

Only Obito saw it.

And he was really, really worried.

... But what could he do?

...

"Kakashi!" Obito hollered, running after him. He grabbed Kakashi's wrist and glared at the slightly shorter boy. "What was that at the dinner table?"

Kakashi raised a thin eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?"

"I saw the hand behind your back!" 

Kakashi grimaced and looked away.

"... Don't make promises you can't keep...?"

"You just did that!"

Kakashi sighed and looked at Obito in the eye. "Aniki. I... I can't avoid Danzo."

"Why?!"

Kakashi pulled his wrist away, frustration building up in him. Why couldn't anyone understand his turmoil?

"He's a village elder, that's why! I literally can't do anything but hope to survive and see another day of sunlight when he comes to me!" Kakashi cried out. Obito flinched at the volume and Kakashi caught it and gritted his teeth.

"I... I'm just... I'm so freaking tired." Kakashi groaned, leaning forward and almost collapsing into Obito's shoulder. Obito felt slightly guilty and patted his brother.

"There, there.... I'm sorry."

"I'm even more sorry." Kakashi muttered.

"No, I'm pretty sure I'm even more sorry."

"I'm even more more sorry Obito."

"Well I'm even more more more sorry Aniki."

"... Thank you... Aniki." Kakashi's fingers grabbed onto Obito's shirt. 

"For..?"

"For being awesome. And understanding."

Obito grinned. "Of course! I'm going to become the Hokage!" 

Kakashi smiled fondly. "And I'll be at the ceremony."

Hopefully.

A/N

I've just been having examinations. Sorry... 

I hope this chapter is satisfactory at least. It's kinda (really) messy.

Drinking Malaysian Milo which is totally better than Australia's,

- Migale373

Danzo and Kakashi's conversation:

"Danzo sama, It's an honor to meet you. What brings you here?"

"Kakashi, you know why I am here, do you not?"

"... Indeed I do."

"Then will you? Will you join me in the shadows?"

"I refuse. I have a brother I need to support. So my answer is obviously, no."

Danzo scowled and that was the ROOT member's que.