Roots

(A/N: Kakashi Akatsuki, Nay or Yay?)

This is a shit chapter cause I'm a sucky author honestly. (._.)

"Kakashi kun! Do you want to eat together?" Rin called out and Obito scowled. He couldn't help it! He was jealous of his brother...

Obito then felt a hand grab his shoulder.

"Ma, how about we all eat together?"

Obito looked up from the ground and Kakashi winked at him.

I gotcha you bro.

Obito almost wanted to cry. He sniffed and then grinned widely, slinging his arm around Kakashi's shoulders. Rin sulked slightly inside but then cheered up at the thought of Team Minato bonding.

"Let's go!"

Kakashi smiled as all their fingers intertwined.

...

"Otou san."

"Yes Kakashi?"

"I..." love you. "... It's nothing. Take care ok?"

"... Ok. Good night Kakashi."

"Good night."

...

Obito stared up at the ceiling, thinking why Fugaku suddenly told him that he was going to get a trainer for him in frustration. Unable to sleep completely he tiptoed out of his room and towards the living room, but then froze when he saw two shadows underneath the moonlight.

"Dan... sa... honor... you.... brings... here?" he barely made out.

"... Shi. You... why... here... not?" a rough old voice.

"... Deed I...." A smoother young one.

"Then... you? Will... me... shadows?"

"... refuse... brother... support... no."

Silence. And then a kunai was suddenly at Obito's throat, cold metal against his flesh. Obito froze and the man nudged him forward into the living room.

The two figures in the moonlight turned to him and the smaller one stiffened as Obito's eyes adjusted to the lighting. 

Obito gaped, shocked as he saw his brother standing there with the village elder, Danzo.

"Wha- What's-" the kunai pressed threateningly. Obito whimpered softly and Kakashi growled.

"Let. My. Brother. Go." He growled slowly as his killing intent flooded the room. Danzo suppressed a shiver but the desire for the boy grew. 

The Perfect Killing Machine.

"You said you didn't want to join the shadows for the sake of your brother, but now you have to, Ka-Ka-Shi." he dragged out mockingly, inwardly smirking at the inner struggle of the silver haired boy.

Kakashi's eyes flickered to the shaking form of Obito and then stopped the flow of his killing intent, making all the ROOT members around relax slightly. Obito looked into Kakashi's dark eyes, staring into the abyss they held. 

Kakashi then stiffened, and then smiled warmly. 

"Daijoubu." he said calmly, too calmly, and turned back to Danzo. And smiled.

"Ma, Do you sense that?" he asked, smirking. Danzo's eyebrows furrowed in confusion at the boy's sudden relaxation.

"Wha-"

Kakashi's eyes snapped to the hallway, gleaming in pride.

"The White Fang is coming." 

Everyone froze as the swish of clothes grew gradually louder and Danzo immediately fled, his ROOT members right behind him.