Hannah's Favorite Sweater

Start from the beginning

"I won't hesitate to come see you when I'm struggling with something." Hannah told her mother, "I might want to be independent, but once in a while it's good to have someone else's perspective on things."

"That's true." Lillian agreed, "His family house is a bit away from the city."

"Yes, but Valerio comes to see his son every day at the hotel. Not to mention the fact that he always comes to see me first thing in the morning."

"That's nice of him."

"I should be more grateful to him."

Lillian smiled at that, "You're learning so many new things today, Hannah."

Her mother was right, it were minor things about people she was close to, but it meant a lot to her. She'd treat Valerio even kinder knowing the distance he travelled to see Nero and her. She'd be nicer to her mother knowing Lillian became that way she behaved right now because of experiences in life. Losing her first husband to illness and her second husband to a bimbo. Starting tomorrow Hannah would treat them better.

***

Entering the house Hannah followed after Valerio who came to greet her mother and her. Lillian kept blushing, obviously she was taken by Valerio's looks and charms. Lillian chatted away with Valerio about the flowers which decorated his porch. While they were happily chatting away Hannah scanned the room, searching for Nero. She jumped when Valerio suddenly called out to her.

"Didn't mean to scare you." His tone told her otherwise though, "Nero is in the kitchen."

"Nero is cooking dinner tonight?" She asked, shocked by that little piece of information Valerio shared.

Valerio caught onto her surprise and laughed, "Nero can cook, he occasionally prepares me a meal."

"Interesting." She muttered to herself, her cheeks heating when she noticed the look Valerio threw her, "I'll check up on him." She announced, wanting to get away from the amused looks of their parents.

Rushing to the kitchen with directions of Valerio she quickly entered it, closing the door behind her. The noise she made while entering the kitchen caused Nero to look at her, a smile spreading across his face. As she took him in she couldn't help but to smile, he was wearing a casual outfit. He rarely wore a casual outfit since he preferred to wear suits as his business attire, that style also seeped into his every day wear. Today, however, he wore dark jeans with a white button up shirt. It still looked fancy, but different from his usual attire.

"Did I spill something?" He asked, glancing down to take in his shirt.

"You are wearing an eye hurting white shirt so, you know."

He chuckled, "Eye hurting, huh." He moved away from the counter and reached for his sweater which he had thrown over a stool by the bar, "Let me cover up then." He threw his sweater over his shirt and fixed his collar, "Better?"

She moved to him, dropping her bag on the bar and reached for his collar, trying to straighten it a bit more, "I liked the way you looked, but this is my favorite sweater."

"You remember."

She placed her palms against his chest, feeling the softness of the fabric she loved so much. She remembered the day he wore it while they were staying in his hotel room, watching a movie. They were laying on the couch with her on top of him, her cheek resting upon his chest. The fabric had felt amazing. She couldn't stop touching it. Nero's snicker told her he also remembered it. He covered her hands with his and held her hands gently.

"Even though your touch feels great, I do have to check up on dinner. I don't want to serve you guys burned food."

"Your father mentioned you occasionally cook for him so I doubt you'd serve us terrible food."