Queen | Confidence

Queen | Confidence
Later That Day..

At the end of the game the Cavaliers ending up winning against the Warriors. Melvin and Zayn were on their feet applauding their team in complete happiness. They were getting a bit richer tonight for sure.

After the players exited off the court, people were beginning to leave. Zayn looked across the court and noticed that the beauty was talking to a woman. Taking all the courage he had, he took a deep breath and went over to her.

"I swear ma, I wasn't watching where I was going," Erin lies once again, pushing the sunglasses up her face so anybody else wouldn't see the faint bruise on her right eye. She had makeup on to covered it, but the moment she took her shades off her mother noticed it.

"You say that all the time," her mother mumbles underneath her breath, not believing her daughter one bit.

"But I—," Erin started but was interrupted when a man came and stood in front of her.

"I'm sorry, could I speak to you for a second?" Zayn asked the beautiful woman politely, hoping if this was the right move or not.

Her mother, Edna Peters, looked the man up and down before she recognized him, "You're Zayn Malik correct?"

"Yes mam," he says with a proud smile. "And you are?"

"I'm Edna Peters," she says shaking his hand. "I'm her mother."

"It's nice to meet the mother of the woman I find so beautiful," Zayn says smoothly that it caused both of them to flush. He then focused his attention on the lady he was here for, "And your name love?"

Erin looked up at the man she saw on TV about a hundred times, she even smiled at him, "Erin Irving."

"I'm Zayn Malik, it's a pleasure to meet you," he then planted a kiss on the back of her hand, letting his lips linger on her delicate skin. He then stood up straight and smiled at her, "I hope you know how beautiful you are."

"Thank you," she says so quietly that he could barely hear her, it was cute how soft spoken she was.

It's alright, hopefully she'll be doing a lot of talking later tonight, Zayn thought to himself as he casually let go over hand. A smile still on his face, "I'm guessing you're going to the after party, correct?"

"Yeah," she says looking at him up and down behind her shades, it was a shame that she found this man so attractive.

"Then I'll catch you later," Zayn says smoothly then walked off.

"What a shame," Edna says shaking her head with a small giggle. "He's cute don't you think?"

"Don't talk too loud ma," Erin says looking around worriedly, praying and wishing nobody was watching what just happened.

Edna sighed deeply, "You only have a few months left baby, you'll get through it."

"How do you know for sure?" She asks looking down at her hands.

"Because god has a plan sweetheart, trust me he does," Edna says sincerely. "Stay strong for me, okay?"

"I will ma," Erin kissed her mother's cheek before they both got up from their seats so they could leave.

"Erin!" Her group of friends called and motioned her to come over.

"I'll see you later ma," Erin waved.

Her mother blew a kiss her way, "Love you honey."

Erin walked over to her friends and they all exited the building together. They were all headed to the after-party to celebrate the victory tonight. They got to their limo and drove off.