Chapter 4.

The following day my mom dropped me off to the saloon to get my hair done right. She didn't ask me anything. She simply said "What if someone sees you like this? My reputation will be ruined. Go and fix it."

Yes , I love her.  Not.
'Fine!' I had snapped back at her.
The beautician finished her job and I actually didn't look as bad as I thought. It was a pixie cut and it made me look classy.

I thanked her and headed towards school , all my attention focused on avoiding Jack. But it so happens , that he didn't even attend school at all , the entire day. I was relieved but it vanished into uneasiness. The thought of him harming himself scared me.

I rushed over to the cliff and saw him standing there already looking at me as though he knew I was going to come there , he was waiting.

'You came.' His voice unusually raspy.
'I promised ' I said in monotone.
A grin broke out on his face. 'The new look suits you." He was suddenly cheerful.
'I don't like it.' I deadpan.

His grin fades but there's still a ghost of a smile on his lips. 'You should. Because it suits you.'  He takes a step forward but I don't move back. By now he's just a hair breath away from me , but I don't flinch. Not this time. I won't give him that satisfaction.

He sees my blank reaction and his eyes narrow. He lifts his hand when suddenly my phone beeps. Its like he came out of a trance. He blinks and drops his hand and hugs me. I hug him back. But there's just no comfort with him anymore.

To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. From the past two days I haven't seen Jack and most surprisingly I was enjoying  myself. I was held back from so many things , I never knew what I was missing.

Currently I was laughing at something Jess was saying when suddenly I hear Casey gasp to my side. Still smiling I followed her gaze and in an instant my smile dropped.