She'll stick around

"Hoskins wants to start the mission"

I told Zach with wide eyes, still not ready for what was about to happen. "I swear Zach. If any of my babies die on that field out there, Hoskins is gonna see what pain feels like" I told Zach while we were walking out to get Gray. 

Soon Claire, Zach, Gray and I were walking towards this big transporter. Claire opened the back doors, only for me to see a two seats bench in the back.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me" I complained loudly. I couldn't care what Claire thought of me. In a few hours she wouldn't be my boss anymore anyway, so I can do whatever I want.

"See, totally safe, Alright, get in. If you need me, I'll be right up front. Just open that window" She said pointing to a small window and the wall.

We all stood there in the middle, cluelessly standing around. "Put your seatbelts on" She told us, Zach and Gray looking at the bench only to realize there weren't any, I already looked at her, knowing that fact. Also knowing the fact, that there are only two seats and we were three people.

"Okay, just- uh just hold hands" she said, already wanting to close the doors.

"Wait, Claire" I almost screamed. She turned around annoyed, really wanting to get out of this place. "Where am I supposed to sit? can I sit in the front?" I asked hopefully.

"No!" She almost screamed too fast. "No, definitely not, that's too dangerous, you'll stay back here, just uh- sit on Zach's lap" She said smirking. I knew exactly why she smirked.

"ugh, here we go again" I mumbled. I stood around, trying to find something to use as a belt. After figuring out theres nothing useful in here, I turned back around, walked to Zach and sat down on his lap.

I saw Gray reaching out his hand to his big brother like Claire had told them too. I just smiled at this. They were in fact able to pretend like normal brothers.

"Okay guys, not that I'm complaining, but uhm this does not feel very safe." I said, only to get interrupted by a thrilling sound on the outside of the transporter.

"Nothing's getting in here right?" Gray asked, looking up to his brother with wide eyes, clenching his hand a bit more in fear.

Dinosaurs weren't as fascinating when they attack you as he thought.

"Hey, do you remember that ghost we had at the old house? Remember the one in the garage? I protected you right?" Zach started, whatever he was doing, it worked. Gray immediately loosened his shoulders a bit and relaxing.

"You made a battle axe out of a ruler and a paper plate" Gray chuckled.

"Yeah, see nothings gonna get you, while I'm around okay? Also we have Grace with us, she grew up with dinosaurs for freaking sake, nothing's gonna happen" He said calmly, even though I could hear the fear behind his voice. He chuckled out the last part.

Boy, I couldn't even help myself from falling into a raptors cage when I was little, how am I supposed to protect anyone but myself? Let alone two other people?

"But you're not always gonna be around, and who knows what's gonna happen to Grace when this is over" He looked down. Sadness written all over his face.

"Yeah, well hey, Well, were brothers okay," Even though what was happening I couldn't help but think of Teen Wolf in this situation. "We'll always be brothers and we'll always come back to one another, No matter what."

"No matter what?" The young boy asked his older brother scared of the answer.

"No matter what" Zach assured him. They hugged like boys after that. "And to Grace, I'm sure she's gonna stick around. Have you seen how many times she would have died if it wasn't for me? She still needs to pay me back" He joked.