Chapter Nine: Dancing With Your Demons...

Broken Hearts & Lonely Stars:

Chapter Nine: Dancing With Your Demons...

               I don't how long I sat there nor did I care. I wanted to be alone. Let the wind blow, let the sun's rays burn my skin. I wanted to just be alone. Why couldn't anyone understand that? Why couldn't they open their eyes and see that nothing would make me open up and reveal everything? Not even the stupid shrink nor anyone can do that. I sighed, bowing my head as I ran my fingers through the soft, green grass.

A hand grasped my shoulder, shaking me gently.

"Don't touch me," I grumbled, shaking their hand off from my shoulder yet the bastard continued to shake me.

"Rhea--"

"I said don't touch me!" I snapped, whirling around and faced Miranda who watched me with sympathy in her eyes. "Can't you just leave me alone?!"

"Rhea, don't act like that."

"Act like what, Miranda?" I rose to my feet, my chest rising and falling rapidly as I glared at the sister who started out. She was the one who wanted us to rejoin, I snorted, yeah right.

"As if you don't care to live! That's how you act!" She snapped back, stepping forward, putting her face into mine. She was invaded my personal space and knowing Miranda, she would do anything for me to lash out and make her seem as the innocent one. It always been seen that way. The perfect daughter always got her way.

"You ruined my life!" I yelled at her, venom leaking from my voice as I gripped her chin harshly. "You were suppose to protect me! You were supposed to be my sister but all you did was betray me and blurt out my secret to Mom and Dad. You didn't even bother to apologize, you fucking whore! You think I'll forgive you! You think I was happy that you left the house?" I pushed her away from me and I smirked when she stumbled back and fell on her behind.

"What's wrong with you?!" She cried out, tears running down her cheeks. "What happened to my little sister who used to smile and laugh? What did you do to her?"

I walked past her but only paused as I grasped her soft, black hair in my fist and jerked her head back, forcing her to look into my eyes. "You have your stupid family to worry about. Stop pretending that you care for me. You never did, all you cared was your own selfish self and being the pride and joy in Dad's eyes." I released her chin and walked back inside the house where I saw my mother stand, flabbergasted, in the kitchen. I knew she heard everything that was exchanged outside and I didn't care.

"Rhea," my mother grabbed my wrist when I walked past her, stopping me from walking away from this family and disappear from their lives once again. "Stop running, sweetie."

I stiffened and drifted my icy gaze to her beautiful sky blue eyes.

"Don't turn your back, Rhea," she whispered softly, lowering her tearful gaze. "I care for you--"

"Bullshit," I cut her off, jerking back my hand from her hold. "If you really cared for me, you wouldn't let the old man verbally abuse me. If you cared for me, you would be the mother that you were suppose to be and defend me. But you never did care for me. You stood by his side while he tormented me, ripping me apart with his words. Now, you say you 'care' for me just because I told all of you that I have cancer? Don't expect me to forgive you."

I walked away not once stopping when I heard my mother's sob...

<>*<>*<>*<>*<>