Chapter 4

Chapter 4

~Alana's POV~

I can't believe it... it's Ciel.

Out of all people I just had to meet, it had to be him. I can't stand the fact that I'm even in this mansion. How can he be so calm when I'm in front him? He had a straight face and a smirk on his face, but I could see a bit a pain and sadness in his eyes when he saw me. He used to always smiles and hug me when I came to visit him, and he was even more happy to find out that our parents had intertwined our futures together.

~A few years ago~Narrator's POV~

"Ciel!" A six year old silver haired girl ran over to the six year old blunette boy standing next to his parents and hugged him. 

"Alana! I've missed you!" Ciel said as he returned the hug. While the children were talking, Alexander and Rose Lambert discussed about the proposal that Vincent and Rachel Phantomhive had told them about.

"So, could you please explain this proposal you talked about in that letter you sent me Vincent." Asked Alexander.

"Yes, I'm quite interested in this since it involves our children." Rose added on as she held her three year old brunette girl she named Valentina close to her.

Vincent smiled at them, "Of course. Let's head to my study to discuss this topic." He said as he and Rachel walked alongside Alexander and Rose. Tanaka opened the door for them and they walked inside.

"Come on you two! You can play inside." The nine year old blonde said to his little sister and Ciel.

"Alright Jason!" Alana grabbed Ciel's hand and they ran inside with Jason walking right behind them.

~An hour later~

"So we all agree with this arrangement Alexander, Rose?" Vincent asked the Lambert couple.

"Yes, I think I can speak for both my wife and I that we agree with this." Alexander said as he finished the rest of his tea.

"This is great! I personally think that the children will love this since they're already so fond of each other." Rachel stated.

"I agree with Rachel. They are practically inseparable!" Rosa says. Alexander and Vincent get up from their seats. "We should go tell the children. They are still young but I'm sure they already knew this would happen at some point, considering that we already arranged one for Jason and he must have told them what it is." Vincent says.

"I agree." Alexander says. And with that, Rachel and Rosa also get up and they all head out of the study.

They make their way to the to the garden in the back to go talk to the children. They make it outside and see the Ciel and Jason are looking for someone.

"Ciel, Jason, where is Alana?" The head Lambert asked his son.

"That's what we are trying to figure out. We are playing hide and seek and she's really good at hiding." Jason answered.

Rose sighs, "Well, call for her. We need to tell her and Ciel something." She says. Ciel looks confused on why they want to talk to Alana and him.

"Alright." Jason pauses for a moment, then continues, "Alana! Come out! Mother and Father want to talk to you!" He yells. And at that moment, Alana climbs down the tree she was hiding in.

"I'm here!" She declared as she ran up to her parents.

"Ciel, Alana, we have something to tell you." Rachel says to the two six year olds standing in front of them. "What is it?" They say unison.

"We are fully aware that you two are very fond of each other. And even Ciel said that he would protect you from anything bad." Rachel looks at her son who is blushing, "Well, your father and I have discussed it over with Alexander and Rose and we decided to-

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I was brought out of my thoughts by someone knocking on the door. "Coming!" I say. I walk to the door and see Sebastian standing there.

"...Miss Alana, are you alright?"

"Yes, yes, I am fine. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you seem to be crying." He says.

"Huh?" I touch my face and feel the warm tears on my cheeks, "Oh, it's nothing. It's just allergies." I lie because I don't have any.

"If you say so my lady. Well, I just came to tell you that diner is almost ready."

"Okay, thank you Sebastian." I say. He bows and walks away, I close the door. I wipe the remaining tear on face. I walk over to the bed and let myself fall onto it. I take a deep breath and let it out. As I lay on the bed, my thoughts go back to that day. I wonder, does Ciel still have even one ounce of the love he had for me when we were children? Maybe not. I mean even after I survived the fire, I didn't even bother coming back. Or checking up on him. He's probably even forgotten that he was once my fiancé. And even if he did remember, I doubt he wants to still be with me since I left him alone after my "death". He was probably heartbroken and depressed. I mean who wouldn't be. And besides, I'm sure some time after the fire, Ciel's parents must of found him another fiancé, even though Ciel must have refused over and over. Knowing him, he's stubborn, probably took some time for his parents to get him to agree.

"I should probably get going to dinner." I say to no one in particular, just to myself. I take a look in the mirror and make sure everything is fine and I walk out of the room. Marking my way down the hallway, I have one question on my mind.

'Does Ciel even love me anymore?'