"Alleah, this is incredible!" he gasps. He glances at me from the corner of his eye with a smirk and throws the vase at the ground as if to taunt me. I manage to catch it before it hits the ground and cracks all over the place, but I don't do it without giving him the stink eye.

"Careful," I say through my teeth, putting it back where it belongs. He chuckles to himself as if he thinks he's so hilarious and I hit his chest, grinning at him. "You're such a brat."

"Sorry," he laughs, wrapping his arms back around me and leaning into me. "I do have a serious question though."

"Oh no, what?"

"Are you going to tell your mom?" he wonders, raising his thick eyebrows. I pause and bite my lip, thinking about the answer. Honestly, I wasn't planning on telling her, but she does deserve to know. I am her child and I would be hurt if my daughter kept this big of a secret from me.

"I don't know," I say honestly. He nods in understanding and rubs his hand up and down my arm, which sends an electric shock through my body. I panic as I feel butterflies ignite in my stomach and I hurry to get rid of this by pushing his face away with an evil grin on my face. Thankfully, he takes it well, but I want to disappear when I realize what kind of emotions I just felt for my best friend.

Is Jessica actually right about us?

After a long silence, we decide to watch a movie and before long, Oliver is passed out on the couch. We've resumed cuddling with his left arm wrapped around my waist and his right hand on my knee while I have both my arms wrapped around his waist and my head rested against his shoulder. Honestly, I'm not paying any attention to whatever movie he picked. I can only think of today and the many confusing things that came about, especially the accident. It makes me stir with anxiety to think of the possible people who watched me stop the car or watched the car get stopped by an unexplainable force. More than that, it makes me want to lock myself in a permanent cell to think that I can hurt people.

Unable to concentrate on the movie, I turn off the DVD player and flip the television channel to the nine o'clock news. I have to know whether or not people saw what I did and if there was a witness, I want to know what they're telling the news people. When I reach the channel, the weather forecast is playing, so I lean my head back on Oliver's shoulder and focus on his heartbeat to try and calm me down. After many stories, it finally comes on and I listen intently, my heart rate soaring with stress.

"A young girl, four years old, was saved today from getting hit by a car," the woman news anchor begins and the picture of the crashed van comes on the screen. "There is no explanation on how she survived, but according to witnesses, the car did a 180-degree turn over the girl and landed upside down on the other side of her. The two passengers went to the hospital with minor injuries and the girl was fine, but officials are investigating the cause of the accident. We'll keep you updated as more information comes in."

"There's no need to worry about what happened any longer," a deep voice echoes through the room. I look at Oliver in surprise, not thinking he was awake, but he's sound asleep. A wave of fear strikes my body and I look up to see a shadow emerge from the dark kitchen, coming into the living room.

The male is very tall, probably around 6'4", and he has features similar to mine with dark brown hair coming down just past his ears and emerald green eyes. His skin is wrapped tightly around his jaw bone and he has pretty pale skin compared to mine. He's wearing a navy blue polo with light jeans and bleach white vans, which makes his very toned, muscular figure look even better. He looks at me with the most intense eyes and I can feel the energy in my body start buzzing almost as if it's trying to connect with something.