"I will. See you tomorrow."

I waited until they all left before plugging in my phone and setting it on the chair next to the bed. I found a blanket in one of the cupboards and turned down the lights. There was just enough room for me to lay next to Steve on his right side. I curled up next to him and pulled the blanket over me. I laid my head on his shoulder and took his hand in mine, twining my fingers with his, too wound up to sleep.

I chattered at him for a while, tears running down my face as I told him how much I'd missed him and how scared I'd been when I found out he was hurt. I talked and talked, pouring out my heart to him until I ran out of words and at some point, I must've fallen asleep because I woke up when the nurse came in to check on him.

"No, honey. You're just fine there. I just need to check his bandages."

I sat up anyway and went to go use the bathroom and wash my face. Natasha had left me a couple bottles of water by my bag, so I grabbed one and took a long drink; I was still a little dehydrated from my trip to Brazil. The nurse was still peeling off bandages when I came back to see what was under them.

"I've never seen anything like this before," she said in disbelief. "I know what they looked like when he got here. I came on early to help wrap him up, so I know I'm not dreaming."

"He heals pretty quick," I agreed.

"I'd say! It's about half the size it was earlier."

"Good. I'm hoping in the morning he'll wake up feeling a lot better."

"Has he woken up yet at all?"

I shook my head. "Not that I know of, but I haven't been here the whole time."

"I'm going to replace his bandage here and then you both can get some sleep."

"Okay," I said as I finished my water and threw the bottle away.

It didn't take the nurse long to tape gauze down and cover him back up again. When she was done, I curled back up and covered up, taking his hand and giving it a light squeeze. He twitched in response, and I smiled as I laid my head back down on his shoulder and fell back asleep.

* *

I woke up to Steve running his hand over my hair. He'd shifted me so my head was laying on his chest and his arm was around me. It was still dark out, and I blinked sleepily up at him before smiling.

"Steve! I'm so glad to see you awake!" I reached my hand up to touch his face and he smiled. He'd taken the oxygen mask off, but he was at 90%, so I didn't comment on it. I hated wearing them too.

"Morning, Sarah. I missed you too."

I leaned up to kiss him, drawing back before it could get too heated. "How are you feeling? You gave me a pretty good scare there."

"Like I got done going a couple rounds with the Hulk. How long was I out for?"

"Since you went down - almost a day? Did you just wake up?"

"Yeah, a little bit ago. I dreamed that you were here and when I opened my eyes, there you were. I couldn't tell if I was still dreaming for a bit, but then I noticed the hospital get up. Can't say I dream about hospitals."

"You were in pretty bad shape, Steve. The doctors didn't think you were gonna make it." I swallowed hard, blinking rapidly and taking a deep breath. "Tony and Bruce can tell you more than I can. I didn't get back until around 1900. Do you remember anything?"

"I remember pushing Nat out of the way and something hit my shield and threw me back pretty hard. That's it. I'm just glad you're here. I missed you so much while you were gone."