Auction

Sarah's POV

After getting up and getting ready for the day, we packed everything up and set our bags together for one of the guards to take to the jet when it landed. I anticipated a hot evac, so I wanted as much lined up ahead of time as possible. Ideally, the plan would go off without a hitch, but I wasn't counting on it - things had been going too smooth so far.

Negotiations with this many parties were quite interesting, I decided. Each of the regional leaders was acting for himself; we also had a handful of individual mercenaries that were interested in the goods, not all of them there in person. Some were attending by teleconference and some sent underlings in because they were leery of having too many high value people together in one place should the authorities show up. Webs didn't always catch every fly.

Cesar and Vidente assured them the compound was secure and that they had people in with the Brazilian Police. The compound was actually quite difficult to find if you didn't know what you were looking for; luckily the line I encrypted into their security system included a GPS signal that broadcasted intermittently.

I sat on Clint's lap, running my hand over his arm as I chattered with Bobbi. Finally, everyone was present and Clint patted my butt so he could stand. I tapped at my tablet while he spoke to the crowd, opening a program that would prevent any notifications from showing up on the screen while I was taking over the large TV on the wall. I was also doing a one way audio broadcast to Natasha of whatever the tablet picked up. It wasn't going to be high quality audio, but it was better than nothing.

"Just so we are clear," said Clint, speaking precisely. "Due to the varied native languages, English is the only language that will be used for bidding; Euros will be the only currency."

There were several heads nodding. The Euro was currently valued higher than almost any other form of currency right now.

"Payment will be wire-transferred to an offshore account via link sent only to the buyer. My pilot will not land until both my associate and I contact him with confirmation. Once an offer has been accepted, payment is due on acceptance of the cargo following inspection, should the buyer wish to inspect before accepting." He nodded to me and I transferred the pictures to the flat screen monitor through Bluetooth.

"For those of you not physically present or without representatives in this room, a web-link has been sent to the email addresses provided by our hosts that contains these pictures as well as additional specifications. If you have not received it in the next five minutes, please inform me and I will have it resent to the address you provide."

Hunter tapped at his phone and sent the prebuilt link Shield had given him. Built into the weblink was an undetectable tracing program that Skye had built that would leave a window open to each computer that accessed the link. It was an ingenious little thing that was going to make Shield's job a hell of a lot easier on the cleanup side. I heard several notifications go off in the room as the people present received the link as well.

"Bidding will start in 15 minutes," Clint finished. "Which is 1200 BST Rio de Janeiro. Opening bid will start at € 100 million (Euro)."

There was a flurry of conversation among the buyers as Clint sat down, pulling me back onto his lap. He smiled, running his fingers lightly over my face before pulling me in for a kiss with a finger under my chin, reminding me to play my part.

"What do you think, 'Ria?"

"These Stark things better bring enough so we don't have to do this again for a long time."

"That's the plan. You want me home; now I'll be there. I'll be around so much you're going to get sick of me."

I laughed and kissed him lightly. "Never, Ronin. I could never get sick of having you around. No more long absences chasing the next big deal, leaving me home with just Natalia for company. We can finally have a family of our own."