Chloe

Sarah's POV
    After we got upstairs, I got Chloe in the shower and went to go grab her some clothes. She used to stay over a lot, so there was a set of pj's for her in my closet. I grabbed hers and mine and went back into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and stripped to get in the shower. Chloe and I had done this so many times we had a routine down. While I waited, I looked at my wound. It was healing nicely; the front was almost completely closed and the back looked a lot better than yesterday. By Monday, I should be good as new.

    I heard the water shut off and went to grab Chloe a towel. She seemed steadier as she got out of the shower, which was good. I handed her another towel for her hair and turned to get in the shower. I heard Chloe gasp and looked back to see if there was a spider in the sink again; she hated spiders. I didn't see anything, so I looked at her, one eyebrow raised.

    She cleared her throat and pointed at my wound. "Sarah Maria Evans, what happened to you?"

    I grimaced. I had been hoping that she wouldn't notice. "I got shot again."

    "And when were you planning on telling me about this?"

    "Later, after it healed and it was just another crazy story."

    "You're telling me everything as soon as you get out of the shower."

    "I'm telling you what I can tell you when I get out of the shower."

    "I'm holding you to that."

    I laughed and started the shower. I heard Chloe moving around the bathroom and heard the door open and shut. I finished up and got out, drying off and pulling my hair up before putting on my tank top and shorts. I hung up my towel and padded to my room to see if she was in there. It was empty, so I grabbed my pillows and knocked on Steve's door. He didn't answer, so I opened it to see the room was empty as well. I grabbed his pillows too and went downstairs to the living room. That was usually where we camped when I had friends over.

    Chloe was hugging a bottle of Gatorade, chattering at Steve quietly. Jace had made popcorn and put in a movie. I tossed the pillows on the couch and Jace and Chloe briefly tussled over their favorite one before Jace let her win. I went to the hall cupboard to grab some blankets and set the stack on the couch. Steve raised an eyebrow at the fact that they were all Captain America themed and I laughed.

    "Blame him." I pointed at Jace, who grinned, unrepentant. "I got cold easily when I was younger, so he gave me one every Christmas."

    Chloe looked at them, realized what we were talking about, and started giggling. "I like you, Steve. You're my favorite hero after Iron Man."

    "Chloe thinks he's hot." I said to Steve, straight faced. He burst out laughing as I sat down next to him

    "Show Tony her picture and then tell her what he has to say about her," he said, smirking.

    "Hah. I know better than that. There's a reason he's not married, you know."

    "I do know. I believe he said something along the lines of  'there are so many of them and only one of me.' Nope, not humble at all. I am convinced he doesn't know what that word means." Steve speculated.

    "Sarah, you know Tony Stark?" asked Chloe. "All this time you've been holding out on me?"

    "Yup, for a whole 6 days now. Was going for seven and telling you over the phone to preserve my eardrums."

    She playfully slugged me and I winced as she jarred my shoulder. Her eyes widened as she remembered the wound and pulled my shirt strap down to look at it. "That looks pretty bad, Sarah. What happened?"