Famed Bird

Mika's POV:

I confessed.

And he confessed back.

My heart felt like it could've burst at the very moment he finished his sentence. And I was sure it was going to when we looked into each other's eyes in a different way. A way that wasn't unsure or platonic, but a way that simply knew and was unafraid.

"D-do you think you'd like to go out on a date then?" Yuu asked with blushing cheeks and eyes that were drawn downwards.

"Of course," I nodded sincerely and almost eagerly.

"Let's meet here again on Friday, after we finish work?" He suggested.

"It's a date," I smiled.

It's a date.

•••

Yuu's POV:

As I attempted for the fifth time to make my "famed" bird, on top of Mitsuba's order, I settled for a not as nice heart shape instead and handed it over to her.

"Lost your game, Yuu?" Shinoa teased as she looked over at the cup.

"It's still pretty cute?" Mitsuba questioned more than stated, tilting her head.

"Does something have you distracted, Yuu-chan?" asked Yoichi who inadvertently interrupted Kimizuki.

Kimizuki seemed more annoyed at Yuu than he did at Yoichi. "Is it about Mikaela?" he raised an eyebrow.

My face flushed red before I could cover it up with something snarky in return.

"Aww look at him," Shinoa snickered and patted Yuu's arm. "Did you and Mikaela, you know..." She wiggled her eyebrows.

"Roast the broomstick?" Mitsuba grinned.

"Bump the uglies?" Kimizuki chimed in.

"You guys!" I put my head down on the counter.

"Okay but did you two like go on a date or something?" Shinoa poked the side of my head.

"Not exactly....we sort of just confessed to each other and we planned a date for tonight," I said as my eyes slowly went to the clock.

There was little time left before I had to go home and get ready for said date. So I decided to add one final snarky response, to their giggling before bolting out the door.

"But why are you probing me when you could be dissecting the feelings between a certain small brown haired boy and telephone pole. Who have been staring at each other longingly for the past twenty minutes," I said as I swiftly took off my apron and walked quickly out the door.

Shinoa and Mitsuba looked at each other with the same devilish expression.

Kimizuki and Yoichi where messes of flustered faces and jumbled up words.

•••

I hope you've enjoyed this! I have decided to make this the final chapter :)

Thank you for reading!!

~Sin

❤️❤️❤️