Oversized and Crystal Eyes

Have you ever tried to imagine what your life would be like if a certain event hadn't happened?

A single word or a different tone of voice could change everything.

And do you ever wish so badly that the word was spoken or the action was undone?

Or do you realize that all of those terrible events lead to this.

And you'd never want this to be changed, even in the slightest way.

•••

Yuu's POV:

"Shit!" I cried out as the piece of broken porcelain cut my finger while I had hurriedly tried to clean up the mess I'd made.

"Wouldn't it be easier to use this?" My lavender haired coworker handed me a broom and a dustpan.

"Yeah thanks, Shinoa," I blushed of embarrassment and started cleaning using the broom and dustpan.

"It's the second time today, Yuu," Shinoa sighed.

"Did Yuu-kun break another plate?" My other curly brown haired coworker asked as he handed me a bandaid.

I sighed and nodded "Thanks Yoichi,"

"Geez, you're a virgin and a klutz," Shinoa snickered.

"Shut up," I said as I threw away the pieces of porcelain in the trash.

"Aren't you a virgin too, Shinoa-san?" Yoichi asked as he leaned on the counter.

"Well-" Shinoa started but I cut her off by throwing a coffee filter at her head.

"He's too innocent to know about your sinful deeds!" I smirked.

"Well at least I'm interesting enough to have sinful deeds to tell of!" Shinoa stuck her tongue out at me.

"Uh guys...there's costumers," Yoichi laughed nervously.

Shinoa ran to the cash register to take the costumer's order and I went back to cleaning the dishes.

Ichinose Café.

The café my adoptive parents, Guren Ichinose and Shinya Ichinose, own and the one I've worked in for more than four years now.

It's crazy to think that only a few years ago I was struggling on the streets and then thrown into a rundown orphanage.

I am grateful for the life I have now.

For my parents, for my education, and for my friends.

But for some reason, it feels as if there's something missing from my seemingly perfect life.

---

"Yuuichiro!" Guren called as I was cleaning the counters.

"Yeah, dad?" I looked over at him.

"Could you stop by the flower shop across the street to pick up the flowers I ordered for Shinya, after you finish cleaning up?" He asked.