"We should go," Violet insisted. There was a pause and when no one spoke, I held my breath waiting for the answer.

"Okay, fine." Haden responded to Violet's persistence.

My lips tightened into a straight line, along with the fingers wrapped in Aiden's hand. He squeezed back, probably assuming I was happy when I was anything but.

"We'll see you both at the al Delise, then." Aiden said before tugging on my hand and leading me to where I assumed was outside. I heard the opening of a door and then Aiden helped me get in what I suppose is a car.

5 minutes into the drive and everything was silent, except for the light sound of a beautiful melody playing on the radio. Thoughts were flooding my mind until I could not hold them anymore.

"How long have Haden and Violet known each other?" I asked without thinking, but I had to know. Curiosity was killing me.

"Well we've both known her since we were children. Her parents and my parents were friends so, Violet was always around us." I scowled at the answer, not liking that they have that much history.

I so badly wanted to ask Aiden another question, but I know I was treading on dangerous waters. Further curiosity might actually kill the cat.

I heard Aiden sigh, as if he was about to let a huge weight off his chest. "Haden and Violet began dating in high school, and at first they were an amazing couple. I can't be for certain, but over the years I believe that my brother has fallen out of love with VIolet. I know my brother very well, even when he tries to hide things from me. If I'm right, I worry about why he is staying with her if he is truly not happy. I'm afraid that he feels obligated to marry her, as our parents have wished since the very beginning."

If I could see, I would imagine that his face held a deep frown. This was one of the times that reminded me that dating Aiden wouldn't be so bad. You could hear in his voice how much he cares for his brother, and it was admirable.

Despite that, however, I couldn't stop the rush of hope I got from the thought of Haden not being truly happy with Violet. But, like Aiden, I frowned and began to worry. If he isn't happy, why is he still with her?

I felt bad for thinking of Haden that way while I was on a date with someone else, so I reached over to search for Aiden's hand. When I found it, I wove my fingers between his and squeezed. "I know you care a lot about your brother, but sometimes people need to keep things to themselves. Just let him know you'll always be there."

I felt fingers squeeze my and in return, and I wished I could see what his facial expression was.
"Thanks, Luke. But let's not talk about my brother" Aiden suggested and I nodded in response, not know what else to say.

"So where do you work?" I asked curiously.

"Well, you can say that I'm with an important agency. I'm really not supposed to be telling anyone this, but I'm on a big mission" Aiden responded, making me yet much more curious.

"That's very cool, my mom always said that a job is a job and one could not complain." I restated my deceased mother's words.

"I've heard that saying somewhere, but I don't remember where. Your mom sounds like she was a very wise woman. I bet she was beloved by many people." I couldn't reply, so I simply nodded my head. Memories of my mother flashed in my head, and I could almost feel the warmth from her hug if I tried hard enough. Everyone in the pack respected her, and would constantly shower her with gifts or invitations to events.

There was one particular day that several people had stopped by our family home on her birthday. Some bearing gifts, others offering their company. I remember telling her how much the entire pack loved her, but her answer forever changed the outlook on life. She said that while she had many friends among the pack, there were several members that only wanted to befriend her for selfish reasons. Whether it be to keep up appearances, or to gain power among ranked wolves.