16~ Dinner

Luke's P.O.V.
"Luke, Aiden is more handsome than ever!" Emily said excitedly as soon as we reached the bottom of the stairs.

"What, why?" I asked, kind of embarrassed that Aiden went out of his way to dress nicely.

"What do you mean why? It's a date, that's what is supposed to happen on dates." Emily answered, whispering.

"So I look handsome?" Aiden's voice came from behind us,and Emily's grasp on my hand tightened.

"I don't punch you cause you have such a nice face and I don't want to ruin it." Emily answered, letting go of my hand. "I'll see you guys later, have fun!"

"You know we will!" Aiden said, making me blush even harder. The situation was already hard to handle.

"Sure, sure." Emily said before I heard her footsteps retreat down the hallway.

"You look much more beautiful than ever, Luke." Aiden complemented, which only served to make my cheeks even redder..

Before I could reply I felt a large hand encase my little one. I had never really held someone's hand before, not for the purpose of just holding hands anyway. Countless people have gripped my fingers to lead me around safely, but I always wondered what it would be like to have someone hold my hand because they simply want to. To be quite honest, I was expecting a little more excitement. Was intimate contact always this... bland?

"So shall we leave?" Aiden spoke up, snapping me out of my thoughts. Once his words registered in my head, my brows furrowed and I tried my best to turn my head in the direction of his voice.

"Wait, we're not eating here?" I asked

"A beautiful looking man shouldn't hide his beauty at home. I'm taking you somewhere special to eat, I'm sure you'll love it!" Aiden exclaimed, clearly showing his excitement for this date.

His excitement was contagious, and I found myself becoming slightly excited to have my first date. I tried my hardest not to think about Aiden's handsome older brother, but my mind seemed insistent on straying in dangerous directions. I know who I would rather be on this date with, but I couldn't look past the fact that the man of my dreams was engaged. To a woman that is probably way above my league, no doubt. Although this wasn't my first choice, I needed to come to terms with the fact that I may never get my chance with Haden. Dating Aiden won't be such a bad thing, and there are perks of settling for this. No heartache is a big one.

But no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't seem to shake the need for Haden.

"Oh, hey brother!" Aiden's voice interrupted my thoughts. The thought of Haden seeing me hold his brothers hand caused a queasy feeling deep in my stomach, and I had to force myself not to pull my hand away.

"Where are you taking Luke?" Although Haden's voice seemed drifty and slightly slurred, I could still hear a roughness to it. A roughness that I had never heard before.

"I'm taking him out to eat!" Aiden answered happily. "You and Violet should come with us!"

"Can we go Haden?" Violet's voice chimed, alerting me that Haden wasn't the only new guest.

I could feel my palm begin to sweat and the feeling in my stomach was stronger than ever. I didn't want Haden to know that his brother was taking me on a date. And I really didn't want to sit through a date with the soon-to-be-wed couple.

"Violet we don't want to bother them." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, thanking whatever was above that he declined.

"Oh come one, there's no bother. You'll just have to take your own car, that's all." For the first time since meeting him, I had a strong desire to strangle the man still holding my hand.

Save Me (MxM)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara