14~Remember

Haden's P.O.V.

I couldn't help but feel jealous. Aiden and I have been known to share our conquests in the past, and I've always been okay with it. But Luke is a different story, for the first time I actually care that Aiden is trying to steal someone away from me.

I didn't want to feel the hurt that seeing them together brought on, so I buried underneath anger. Anger was all I could, and wanted to, feel. Angry that Luke was giving Aiden his soft smiles. Angry that his beautiful laugh wasn't directed at me. Angry that he wasn't looking at me the way he was looking at my brother; as if whenever he spoke he had all the answers in the world. As if he hung the stars and the moon.

The worst part of it all? The worst parts weren't the gentle smiles or the laughs, no. The worst part was the way Luke's cheeks would light up when Aiden would brush his hand against his hand or face. And I completely abhorred that Luke wouldn't flinch or push him away, he would just smile or blush.

I couldn't stand just sitting here and looking at them together. I looked down at my mug of warm O negative, wanting to forget about the world around me. Normally I thanked the goddess that she blessed us with super sensitive hearing, but now was not one of those times. I didn't want to hear any more of their conversation, but I couldn't bring myself to stop listening.

"You should smile more,"  Aiden looked to Luke, only to find him blushing.

"Wh-why do you say that?" Usually Luke tried to meet someone's eyes, but this time his eyes were trained solely on the space in front of him.

"Because you look beautiful doing it." I instantly felt anger rush through me, and I knew that I couldn't take anymore.

As soon as I turned to leave I heard the distinct sound of high heels clicking, and didn't even have to turn my head to guess who it was.

I wanted to smack myself, this entire time I was upset over Luke and Aiden I had completely forgotten about Violet. Now that I think about it, I haven't reached out to her for quite sometime.

"Haden, oh god my love!" As soon as she saw me she give me a deep kiss on the lips.

"Hey, how are you?" I asked her, causing her to smile even wider.

"Good! The people that are coming to fix the place up are coming in tomorrow!" She spoke excitedly, giving yet another hug.

"Okay, what time?" I asked, yet again taking a glance at Luke and Aiden. Aiden was still talking and Luke was just giving him smiles and focusing his full attention on my brother. I could feel myself become increasingly frustrated each passing second.

"Hey, are you listening?" I looked down at her with a guilty face, to which she just rolled her eyes.

"As I was saying, I'm all yours for today but tomorrow I'm going out again, so take advantage of my stay." She spoke the last word seductively but it didn't faze me.

I guess I can take a break from this whole situation. After all, why should I even be jealous of Aiden if the person I'm marrying is right in front of me. It shouldn't matter to me who Luke spoke to.

"I guess I'll take your offer" I spoke, taking a sip of my warm O negative.

She gave me a seductive smile and quickly took the mug away from me, taking a sip herself.

"Oh, Violet, I didn't hear you come in!" My brother spoke sarcastically, it was clear that he had heard her, and so did Luke.

"Well I came to see my future husband, I really hope I'm not interfering," she returned, whilst Luke just looked down, as if he were intimidated by Violet.