Chapter Thirty-Two: Ending Confrontation

Start from the beginning

"She shouldn't." Sera said with a soft voice.

"Damn right." I agreed, "She shouldn't, but she most likely will because that girl has a heart of gold and is head over heels for you. Your vision is just too clouded for you to see that."

Sera loosened her tight grip on the steering wheel. She smiled softly and said, "Apologize to her for me then, will you? I've done her wrong and I don't think I'll have the chance to face her again." Her voice only softened when she spoke about Dan. That was enough for me to confirm that Sera had at least some feelings for Dan after all.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I asked Sera, "I ain't delivering your message. Do it yourself the next time you see her. Make things right by yourself. I'm not always going to be here next to you holding your hand and walking you through things. Own up to your mistakes and take responsibility."

Sera stayed quiet and kept her eyes on the road. "You're right... Sorry." She looked troubled with something the closer we got. I thought that perhaps she was having second thoughts about following Eli but as she stopped the car by the docks, she looked even more ready than ever.

I shook my head in disappointment and got out of the car. I slammed the door as hard as I could to show my discontent with Sera and also to alert anyone nearby that I was there. I wasn't about to hide from Eli anymore. I was ready to go in firing the gun Junky let me borrow, which he only let me use it after I promised him I wouldn't even leave a single scratch on it. The winds that were picking up pushed my hair into my face but the light rain worked to keep it semi-down, "Frederik, you posted?" I asked.

"We're on our way up." Frederik replied.

Junky spoke up huffing heavily, "I need to work out more at the gym. Despite having stairs at the office, they're nowhere as steep as these."

"What you need to do is not breath so heavily." Tea responded back, "Seriously, Junky, it's disgusting."

"Is your head in the gutter, Tea? Walking up stairs is extremely tiring for my delicate body. You imagining Frederik and I doing something else that would cause extreme huffing and panting?"

"Gross! I wasn't before but I am now. Thanks a lot, asshole."

"Anytime, babe." Junky said and I could picture him winking at Tea playfully.

"You're both idiots." Frederik said sounding annoyed. "Can we all focus?"

"Good idea, Winter." Lion spoke sounding relieved to be able to have a shift in conversation. His tone shifted into one of business as he said, "Try not to kill anyone, Nico. Captain just gave us strict orders. I can get my team out of trouble if push comes to shove but you're with the Mafia so I can't do much for you if you kill anyone, Mr. Delacroix." He said said my name in mock politeness. "It'd be bad for you considering the F.B.I. are basically breathing down our necks over here."

"Sounds hot." Junky added pointlessly.

"Not as hot as you might think." Tea said.

"It sounds like my ideal situation. Guys in suits breathing all over me. Hey, Tea. Let's switch. You can hang with the boring Winter and I'll go play around with the suits. Have you seen the muscles on those guys?" Junky whistled slightly. "As much as their 'protocol' is annoying, I wouldn't mind being around them all day if just for their bodies."

"As tempting... As that sounds, Junky. No thanks. I'll stay here and appreciate  the muscles on these men. No offense, Winter." Tea added quickly.