Chapter 29

December 10

 Justin wakes up drowned in sweat. He takes out his phone. It's 2am. He hasn't gotten a full night of sleep since Selena went missing. Each night, he has some nightmare about Selena and wakes up covered in sweat. He looks over and sees a body next to him. She has long brown hair. He shakes his head and she's gone. He misses Selena's warm body against his. Her soft lips against his. Her sweet voice. Her laugh. Her hair. Her face. Her. He misses her.

Tears falls down his face. He brings his knees to his face and buries his head into them. He doesn't feel safe, he's afraid he's next. But yet, he wants to be next, so he can be with her again. He takes out his phone and calls Caitlin. 

"Why are you calling me at this hour?" she asks. 

"I can't sleep. I miss her." He's shaking. He is now freezing. "I'm scared." 

"Do you want me to come over?" she asks.

 "Yeah," he says. 

"I'll be there soon."

She arrives there 15 minutes later. He's still in the same position. She's in her Pjs and her hair is up in a bun.

 "You okay?" she asks him. 

"No, what if I'm next? Or if he strikes again?" She puts her arms around him. 

"It's going to be okay, we will catch this guy," she says. He lays his head on her chest. He falls asleep in her arms. She kisses his forehead and lays him down. She lays next to him and falls asleep.

"We need to get ready for school," Justin tells Caitlin. She opens her eyes to see Justin in front of her. 

"I didn't bring any clothes," she says. 

"We can drop by your place on the way," he says. She looks at the clock. 

"We don't have time," she says. 

"You can just borrow something of mine," he says. He hands her a shirt that has his football number on the back and his last name. 

"I need pants," she says. He hands her a pair of grey sweat pants. He goes into the bathroom and changes. She throws on the clothes and puts her hair up in a ponytail.

"Those fit you?" he asks her as he steps out of the bathroom. 

"They're a little big but they'll work," she says. 

"Let's go then," he says. They leave the house and drive to school. They barley make it on time.

Justin sits with Ryan and Chaz at lunch.

 "Why is Caitlin wearing your clothes?" Ryan asks Justin.

 "She stayed over last night and we didn't have time to stop by her house," he says.

 "Did you guys...?" Chaz asks. 

"No, we're just friends. I couldn't sleep so she came over." Caitlin sits with Ashley, Vanessa, and Demi. 

"What's going on between you and Justin?" Vanessa asks Caitlin. 

"We're just friends. He's having a really hard time and I've been helping him." 

"By sleeping with him?" Vanessa asks. 

"No, we didn't sleep together, I mean we did just not in the way you think we did."

Olivia is outside with one of the popular girls, Lindsey. 

"I just need something to take the stress off," Olivia tells her. 

"Okay, here," Lindsey says as she hands her a box of cigarettes.

 "Thanks," she says as she hands her money. Olivia goes over towards the woods. She pulls out one of the cigarettes, she has never smoked in her life. She takes out the lighter and lights it. She walks over to a tree and notices a box on the ground. She pulls the cigarette away from her mouth and gets on the ground. It's like it's a door to underground. She tries to lift it up but she can't.